Hello,
my son has been with a provider for 3 months and when we gave the provider her last cheque, she said we need to pay her for 1 week vacation.
She already took 3 days off. Things got complicated when I mentioned that I should remove the 3 days from the 1 week I owe her and she said I should pay her for 2 weeks now. It does say in her contract that I have to pay for 10 days vacation, which I assume is for a year. It doesn't say in her contract that I have to pay her the full 10 days upon termination.

I thought the general rule was prorata? 3 months = 2.5 days, since she already took 3 days, I don't owe her anything?
She called and said she wants to stay on good terms and it's up to us to decide how much we should pay her for the vacation.

I personally don't think we owe her anything in terms of holidays. But we "feel" we have to pay her something. She mentioned that past parents had paid her the full 2 weeks when they terminated contracts before, but then, I don't know how long these parents had their children in her service, or whether the parents felt they had to pay her to get peace of mind.

What should I do? pay her for 2 days? (1 week minus the 3 days she already took), don't pay anything?