Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What do I say?

Euphoric !
    I would be asking the one that has been normally taking time off if they will take wed off so you can take those needing care as in make it more of a will you rather than can you. Then if she says no then tell her fine if you can't help me and the rest of the group out this week after all of the things from the summer then there will be no free days this week. You could also approach it that way in that due to the fact there are more kids needing care on Wed then you have spaces for IF they can not take the wed off as a non pay day then there will be no other non pay days available that week. That is fair in the sense of you are still allowing them the right to come if they want to but also not rewarding them for not helping you out - both parties doing their part to work around a situation.

Euphoric !
    Then if she says no then tell her fine if you can't help me and the rest of the group out this week after all of the things from the summer then there will be no free days this week.
    I think this is what called passive aggressive. If her contract let her have time off sick without pay, and if she been fibbing about being sick for trips with daughter, that issue to address separate in business like way.

To say, I need a favour, keep you child home please to help me out, and then if client cannot or will not, to then say, right then, no free days for you, is bit childish.

If abuse of sick day policy an issue, then deal with issue, not use for leverage for something else.

I think this terrible advice if want be seen as professional dayhome.

That is fair in the sense of you are still allowing them the right to come if they want to but also not rewarding them for not helping you out - both parties doing their part to work around a situation.
    No - it not fair. It pure manipulation and games to say please volunteer to do me this favour but if you don't there be a consequence which breaks rules of our contract agreement. I am letting you come but if you decide to do that, I am punishing you.

That like teenager say "Mom, if you drive me to X, I will mow the lawn. Oh well, if you not drive me, then I not doing dishes which is my allocated errand."

The fact client abused contract from sick days is totally separate. Either address the issue based on her calling in sick when not and say that due to times she did this, and lost income, contract revision required so unattended days are paid, or keep quiet knowing mid-term plan is to replace in timings that suit you. But transfer scheduling issue to make client problem, and then to penalize if she not able or willing to help out, is unprofessional.