Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

I'm so stressed about telling my DC parents!!

I need to tell them I'm pregnant and closing and I keep postponing it. I am so scared they are going to all leave. I just had one family terminate this week (totally unexpectedly) because they are moving overseas. I also just realized that some of their contracts are up for renewal (from Sept 1st) so my plan to give the letter out Friday will have to be delayed because without the contract then they can up and leave that minute. I don't think any of them would do this but I am thinking worst case scenario here.

Euphoric !
    I understand it would be stressful!! However, it soon needs to be done and than that weight will be off your shoulders! I'd plan for the worst and that way when it doesn't happen, at least there will be some positivity.

Realistically, yes some may leave early. From a business standpoint, yes that sucks but when we chose to become business owners, it's a risk we knew we might have to take. If we were the parent, we would want to look after our child first and make sure we found another great dc. Unfortunately that may mean they need to leave early. Don't take it personally. Your current families likely all appreciate and love having you. However, it's just life and they have to look out for themselves first just like we do.

Hold off for as Long as you can and even though you're planning for the worst, hope for the best! In the end it will all work out!! If any leave early, you can always offer casual care. Not sure how it is where you are but here pt and casual care is always in high demand and can offer you some if that lost income!

Good luck! Get your contracts in order and than pick a date and stick to it. It will all work out

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Agree with 5LM....expect the worst, hope for the best!!

Despite the fact that you may need the money, it is your choice to close, not theirs. You know you would leave as soon as you found a new daycare if you were in their position.

I would try wording it something like you will be open for 6 month (or whatever your timeline is) to allow them plenty of time to find a great new daycare and not having to grab the first thing they can find!

Good luck with this new part of your family adventure!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    So I did it! I feel a little relief but mostly anxiety. The parents were all shocked (here I thought I was obviously huge) but I saw the panic on their faces. They are super stressed out because good daycare can be hard to find in Toronto and wait lists are huge. I had one parent text me about what daycare I would recommend? heh heh. I'm stressed now. Hopefully it is just an initial panic attack on their parts and they relax and enjoy the next 6 mos with me.