Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

What should I charge for care till 8pm?

Hi Ladies,

So I had a women call me and say she is interested in bringing her 17 month old daughter to my dayhome 3 days a week from 4pm- 8pm. I am open till 5:30 but I figure it will be a little bit of extra income which would be good for us right now. I don't want to scare her away with my price but this is my family time I'm giving away so I want it to be worth it. For my normal days I charge $40 a day or $750 for full time. I want to charge her a monthly charge instead or daily because I feel like with daily people can back out certain days and then you lose that income. I would rather always know what I'm earning. So I'm thinking of charging her $550 per month and that includes dinner for her daughter. Keep in mind she is only bringing her daughter 3 days a week for 4 hours. She said she might need 4 days some weeks so I'm thinking just a base price of $550 and if she wants to add a day should I charge $40 or $45?

Would love to get your guys opinions! Interview is tomorrow morning so I just want a number I can quote her then.

Hope everybody is having a good Friday!

I charge 15$/hr for after hrs. So 4 hrs it be 60$. Times 3 days a wk is 180$. 720$ a mth. If she adds a day it's another 60$.

Euphoric !
    It sounds like the child would be taking one of your spaces because of the start time and having you work over your normal close time. Right now I do $25 for care mornings till 11:00, $35 if they stay for lunch - regardless of what time they come in the morning as they are there for snack, crafts, etc. plus the extra due to lunch and that I can no longer take another half day child that would come for lunch and afternoon. My full day rate is $40. If you applied this to the potential client that would be $35 for the care plus supper and assume a snack either to start or end. Then I would charge an extra $20 if they came for the full day because it would involve another meal, snack, and activity costs. So $175 a week for the regular care.

Expansive...
    I would charge $12.50 a hour X 4 hours =$50 X 3= $150 x 4 wks= $600 for 3 days a wk
    if extra day per week = extra $50 a day
    so $600 a mt for 3 days and $800 for 4 days a month