Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Expansive...
    in BC if a child is with her Mom that child does not count in your ratio of children that you taking care of, as she is with Mom for a pick-up as she can't leave the child in the car

Euphoric !
    The problem with the rental question is that it is hard for the ministry to know what you mean. If you have someone that rents your basement but uses your front door or you both access shared space like laundry it is very different than having converted your basement to an apartment, severed the ties to your house, firewall divide etc and they have their own door to enter and exit from the outside. You would have no idea what hours their child was in their apartment.

The reason to email is that at the bottom of all of the email answers they are putting a disclaimer that translates into the inspectors get the last word when it comes right down to it and then a judge will get to mediate.

Outgoing
    Did I miss something, are they allowing 5 minutes for pick up (if they have another child with them)? Nonsense....absolute Nonsense, good luck with that one!

Euphoric !
    They didn't put a time limit on the reply I read - ministry answer to the question about pickups and drop offs. The idea is that no the child can't come in to play while you and mom chat - they have to stand at the door while other child is readied for home and then leave.

Starting to feel at home...
    This is a little overwhelming. I'm worried now I'm going to make a mistake by accident because I can't even use common sense anymore to understand.

Ps. In between my 2 posts on the first page someone deleted 2 posts stating if children and mom don't leave within 5 mins we can get fined 200 000. But what if I sneeze and told them up for another minute or two ill get fined? Really?

I feel like I'm in the baby mafia good lord!

Euphoric !
    The reality is that even if it is 5 minutes unless the ministry is parked down the street observing your home - how's that for making one paranoid, lol. They won't know when the time started of parent arriving. If they are already there when parent comes I'm sure she would be making it quick or more than likely detained to be spoken to anyways. The likelihood of the ministry suddenly showing up at pick up time is not very likely since the goal is to catch us over our limits during the day not an extra child on our property for pickup since in a court of law I doubt a judge is going to uphold a fine because another adult did something beyond your control.