Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Privider for Licensed Agency?

Is anyone here a provider for a licensed agency? Which one?

How do you like it?

I looked into weewatch and it was crap in my opinion. They were rude and didn't really like answering any general questions. I asked them what the fee is and they told me there is no fee? Hmm then I asked what I will take home and they said 25 per day!!! I would be responsible for paying for food and craft supplies and at 25 per day I don't see how that's possible. I take 25 and they pocket the rest so clearly there is a fee lol

I charge $40 per day and don't have an issue filling spaces most of the time so for me I wouldn't be able to afford to operate for 25 per day

3. The Following User Says Thank You to crayolamom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crayolamom View Post
    I looked into weewatch and it was crap in my opinion. They were rude and didn't really like answering any general questions. I asked them what the fee is and they told me there is no fee? Hmm then I asked what I will take home and they said 25 per day!!! I would be responsible for paying for food and craft supplies and at 25 per day I don't see how that's possible. I take 25 and they pocket the rest so clearly there is a fee lol

I charge $40 per day and don't have an issue filling spaces most of the time so for me I wouldn't be able to afford to operate for 25 per day

I had an interview with them a few years ago and I found the same thing. They were very intrusive...wanting to go through our family washroom cupboards (the daycare kids don't even use that one), told me I couldn't have wine in my wine rack and it would have to locked up (kids don't even go near that area), they would want to regularly go through my fridge to make sure I had good food in it (um no, especially since it's for my families use as well).

At least now I'm with the regional home childcare agency in our area and they aren't as intrusive and don't go through my personal belongings.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mattsmom For This Useful Post:

I opened my daycare in 2012. I was with two agencies when I started. I am currently private now. Agencies can be a royal pain in the ass. They can also be very helpful. It all depends on WHY you want to be with an agency.

If you are the type of person who doesn't like being told how to run your own business (like me) then an agency is going to drive you nuts. They all say that you are the boss, but in reality you are not.

Both my agencies stole kids from me. I would do the working and find my own kids. I send them to my advisor to get their paperwork done, just to have my advisor tell them there are providers closer to their homes. I wouldn't see these families again.

The agency found me very few kids.

The agency would take kids away form me when I stood up for myself and wouldn't let the parents walk all over me.

I did know that I would get paid without having to chase my pay.

I will say that when I first started, having the agency was helpful. My advisors where good to talk to. But I quickly "out grow" the need to be with them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueRose For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I started with an agency and stayed with them for 10 yrs or so ( mostly because their home visitor was/ is an awesome lady!), but I also outgrew them ( I also was finding kids on my own and setting them up with agency basically).
    It's great if you're just starting out, or worried about finding clients, etc. I think I was one of the longest to stay with that agency, but I don't regret going private at all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mom of three For This Useful Post: