Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question.

Shy

Quick question.

Hi everybody! I just recently terminated daycare services for a child that was being aggressive towards the other children and after giving another little boy a black eye I had to terminate him. Do you let the other parents know that this child won't be coming back because I had to let him go?? If you do, what would be the best way to do it?

Euphoric !
    Yes I would. Obviously mom knows her child was punched by the other child so I would just tell mom that she doesn't have to worry about her child being harmed by the other child any longer as he is no longer in your care.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    They will likely ask when they notice he's not there. I'd answer them honestly at that time. If they don't ask than I wouldn't bring it up

Shy
    Thanks for your advice! I will only tell the mom of the child who got punched and about the other parents I will bring it up until they ask.
    Thanks again!

Euphoric !
    Since it means a space to fill all of the parents are going to be effected. I would personally let the parent of the child that was injured know how you have handled the situation saying again you are sorry it happened and that you have terminated care for the offending child in the interest of safety of the group or something to that effect. As far as everyone in general goes I would just tell them that XXX is no longer going to be coming to your daycare. That is all of the info they need. Then let everyone know you have a spot because word of mouth from current families is the best way to fill a space quickly.