Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Creating website

has anyone created a website for their DC parents to use to find info about their home daycare? I find parents don't look at the info that's posted. They're too busy. If it's on a website they can find time during their day to look at it. What's the best website that includes a daycare template and if possible, a free one?

Euphoric !
    I think if current parents aren't reading the info than a website isn't going to make a difference. However, it could be a good tool for new parents looking.

I'm not computer savvy AT ALL so I went with the easier option, Facebook page. Sorry, I'm no help!! Lol

Shy
    I have just opened my daycare again. I use Wix.com for my webpage and link it to anywhere I advertise. It is free and not too complicated.

Outgoing
    I used Webs.com to make my site and have a separate daycare facebook page for posting current info. The Webs site has lots of free templates and you can create up to 5 pages free. It's a drag and drop type template, so not that complicated.

Shy
    Thank you. I have been looking at those two sites. I find parents these days are more tech inclined so I think this will be valuable.

Outgoing
    I'm new to the whole thing too. I have found the website good for static information and documents. An intro to my daycare. And the Facebook page is better for current updates and communicating quickly. And I can use it to direct them to the website if need be.

Shy
    I'm like Kindertime, I have a website that basically lists my handbook policies, hours, etc. then I have a Facebook page that I post our daily crafts on and any news.
    I also made sure that any pics I did post on website of children were password protected ( parents were given password)and on my Facebook page ( which is open for anyone to view)I NEVER post pics of kids, and any reference to kids are done with an initial only ( my husbands in Internet security type job so he got me paranoid,Lol).
    As for my web page, it's a little dated, but I'm proud to say I wrote the html programming (after learning online from a 12 yr old ,step by step,lol)

I have a very detailed website, fees, hand book, policies, etc. I get lots of comments on how parents love the fact I am so up front with everything. I use the free option with Weeby http://www.weebly.com/link/oXlibO its every easy, just click and drag.

Shy
    I have seen your website, Bluerose, and have it bookmarked. It was very helpful when I needed to create my handbook and contract. Very professional. My DC don't have the time to look at my wall of information. But a website would be much easier for them to access at anytime of the day. Our schools in the area found and do the same thing. This was very helpful.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Goldilocks For This Useful Post: