Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New parents

Euphoric !

New parents

I have been pretty lucky with my daycare parents. I think I do a good job screening them first and I am pretty direct when something comes up so we don't have issues. I am finding this new family kind of annoying though.

My hours are 7:45-5:30 pm and they have told me they need care at 7:45 in the morning. No problem at all even though all my current families drop off between 8:30-9. The problem is, they haven't been showing up until anywhere between 8:15-9 am. I asked the dad about their arrival time yesterday and I explained that the other families arrive later so if he doesn't need 7:45 then this would work well for me. He assures me that when his wife does drop off she will definitely drop him at 7:45 so that is the time he needs. OK, fine...we'll see how many mornings I am just standing around in my daycare for 45 minutes without any children. Yes, I can get stuff done but I would rather be upstairs doing my own dinner prep or spending time with my older daughter before she heads off for school.

He lets his older daughter just run through the daycare with her shoes on and start playing with the toys. I redirect her not to wear her shoes and that the "toys are closed."

So, you can see, there aren't any super big problems with them, just kind of annoying things I need to get over.

Outgoing
    That is annoying. I take it your daycare has a separate entrance? If I were you, I'd stay upstairs and do the things you need and want to do. When they come to the daycare door, it will just take you a few extra seconds to get there - that's all. No harm in letting them wait. If the dad doesn't like it, then he can text/call you to let you know when he's coming. Same too if mom drops off at 7:45. It's not like you're refusing, you're just busy with your life and they can wait at the door for 5 extra seconds.

As far as the older child running around with outside shoes on, here that's absolutely not allowed. I have no problem telling someone else's child what is not allowed in my house.

Euphoric !
    Oh that would drive me crazy! I would get them to tell you the night before what time they will be there the next morning. Or just leave the door locked, do your own things upstairs until they show up. I would be ticked if I couldn't sleep longer lol