Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Approach

Outgoing

How to Approach

I have kind of a weird situation:. My teen daughter teachers piano Thursday evenings for an hour in one of my daycare rooms bc that's where the piano is...parents sit in the room with their other 2 younger kids listening in on the lesson which is fine. Only problem is now for the second Friday morning I've discovered a pee spot on the rug - i thought first time it may have been a tea stain but now I know it's pee - how do I or my daughter approach the parent? The parents don't realize it - they're great and I know they wouldn't want this. They know they can use the washroom - one of the kids has just decided to pee (same spot as last time) on my beautiful butterfly reading rug... Any suggestions? Thanx bunches

Euphoric !
    I would just nip it in the bud quickly. As much as the parents may not realize it when it happens they HAVE to figure it out when the child is wet getting in the car, or arriving at home etc. Maybe they don't connect it to where she peed though.

Next Thursday when the family arrives, greet them at the door and ask the child to go pee on the potty now, as you stepped in pee spot on the floor the previous Thursday and you don't want her/him to have another accident while there.

It is non accusatory, but simple states the fact someone peed on the floor last Thursday and to prevent it you want the child to pee before sitting in your house.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Best way to enter a tough conversation is always by asking them "Can you tell me about --------??"
    So if you say "Can you tell me about what happened last Thursday and if Little Charlie might have had an accident on our rug downstairs because I noticed it was wet after you left and the smell was like urine. "

Then I would see what they say and offer them use of the bathroom and ask them not to be shy if they need to use the facilities.