Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I don't remember my insurance telling me that accidents wouldn't be covered if I was on a different level. What if your washroom is on a different level?

I was thinking of that too. I'm one of those caregivers that are NOT with the kids every minute of the day. I leave the playroom to pee. And they nap upstairs while I'm on the main level. I don't stay up there to watch them sleep. My insurance never mention I wouldn't be covered if I didn't have my eyes on them every single minute. But I could be wrong. Maybe I'll check into this now.

Shy
    I think I would drive myself crazy if I couldn't leave the room without bringing everybody with during the whole day. What if someone needs help in the bathroom, or when Im taking babies to the nursery room and getting them ready for their nap? The only ones that are never alone are babies and toddlers, not even for a minute but IMO preschoolers as long as you are able to hear them play they should be able to play by themselves for a few minutes while you are busy with the younger ones.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by 33 Daiseys View Post
    honestly i would be more concerned as to how the parents will feel about the children being on another level of the house then you. I know after having spoken to my insurance and cps, that is something were to haven and they were on a diffrent level, that you can be charged with willful neglect, and not be insured for accidents.
    Not trying to scare you, but a very good friend of mine was changed when a child in care fell and hit her head, purely accidental, but because she wasn't in the room she had cps close her down, investigate and had the police involved. I would hate to see any one have to go through what she did.
    I would say to have the kids upstairs with you when your upstairs, even if they help cook, or colour on the floor.
    Thanks 33 Daiseys! I decided to followed your advice and bring the preescholers with me upstairs while I'm preparing the meals and snacks, even though parents don't seem to mind I think is for the best. The kids get to play in a different area and also entertain the little ones too!