Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Odd...Is this legal?

Hi everyone
    I am super confused by this providers website. If you read the second paragraph on the home page it says that she is a "home" daycare. The reason I am confused is because if you scroll down and look VERY closely there are 18 kids in the photo?! I thought ratios were 1:5 licensed 1:6?
    Just to mention, this IS located in Brooklin, Ontario.

Can anyone please explain this

http://hemingways.webs.com/
    Last edited by crayolamom; 09-12-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Euphoric !
    It is odd. Perhaps a birthday party of her child? Or all of her daycare kids? (Altho, 18 is a lot even if they are all part time) there's a contact option so if you really wanted to know you could try that?

I just find it strange that she doesn't leave her name or phone number on any website.... I know she runs a home daycare (quick google search address is in suburb...)
    It looks like a Halloween party from the pictures in the "home" and "about me" tabs with face painting.
    I just don't understand why anyone would put up a picture like that on their daycare business website
    Even if it was a bday party, why would you post that on a home daycare site where its known that something like that would be illegal...

Euphoric !
    It is weird. Definitely not a picture I'd choose to post. I don't find not giving a number odd (I wouldn't post mine publicly either) but it is strange that she doesn't give a name. Maybe she prefers to just release her dc name until parents make first contact?

Yea, you are right everyone is different. But for some reason it just doesn't sit right like the overall vibe I get. I probably sound absolutely insane but something seems off!

Seems weird but seems like a real home daycare. Looks like she helped out, maybe when doing her ece in a school and she is posting her school photos. Makes it confusing as her other pics show her home daycare in her basement. So as a mom if I were looking are you providing care in ur basement/home or in a school. There's pics to show both. Risky posting all those kids pics and not blocking their faces. :/.

Euphoric !
    My guess is this is the websire she created while starting the home daycare. None of her home pics have any kids...so possibly taken before she opened. Then she thought having pics of kids is needed so used what she had...maybe a pic from a school she volunteered at.

When I first advertised (months before opening) I had a website but no kids (and only have set up daycare, so I asked all my friends and family if I could borrow pics of their kids playing. I had various toddlers playing in non-descript backgrounds. My point was to look set up and open to draw families out to meet me before they realized I hadn't yet opened. Once I met them I could sell myself and my daycare and win them over before they got scared of me being brand new. I think it worked as I was quickly at full capacity.

Anyways...there is a good chance it is just a poorly chosen pic she had of a group of kids!

Shy
    I wasn't going to reply but decided to since currently live in Brooklin. lol It definitely looks like a home daycare. She may have just chosen a picture of a photo she took at a party with her own children or at one of her old work places if it wasn't a home daycare. She may have gotten consent from the parents of the children to post that picture. I can see why she wouldn't put her name and phone number for privacy reasons perhaps. I'm sure you could get it by e-mailing her and/or doing a proper tour of the premises.

So I emailed her and asked if she watched all those kids herself or if she had assistants. . Here's her response....,

Omgoodness no! That was a school Halloween party with in a Childcare centre. I used this photo because at the time it was a group photo in which I had photo consent forms signed for all children.

I do not provide daycare for children in my home any longer as I have returned to a supervisory role with in a centre.

Please be aware that the ministry guidelines have changed and ratios amongst other regulations have also changed. It also does not matter how many teachers or adults are in the house you are only able to provide care for 5 children including your own.

For more information please read,

http://www.ontario.ca/laws/regulation/r15137

Regards,

G

So just as I thought. Just showing off her work. Work with a bunch of kids. Glad she got consent forms!