Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

What do I say???

Need some advice. I have four daycare children right now. Two of which have a sibling that want to come to me as well. Obviously I have to pick a family as I can't have six kids, only five. One sibling starts this nov and another one next July. After waying options I have picked the July baby to stay. They are just a way better family to deal with. The other one is ok but we have had our issues and still they can be a pain sometimes. Here's my problem.....I can let the nov sibling start this nov as I only have four kids. But come next July when July sibling starts nov baby and big sister will have to leave. What do I tell them? What reason do I say? I don't want to say I prefer this family over yours!! Also I don't want to tell her now as she will probably leave and I can't fill the spot now to just next July so I will be telling her next June and giving her a mth. Obviously she is going to figure out that I knew all along that July baby would be coming and someone had to leave....she'll b mad! I'm not trying to hurt anyone, I just want to do what fits right with my daycare group and do whats right with my own family.

Euphoric !
    "After some time with both children, I have sadly decide to let your family go as the dynamics of the group have changed with siblings."

Euphoric !
    Take the Nov baby and there is a possibility that a spot may open up. If it doesn't then I would do as Suzie suggests.

Another option is to take the Nov baby and let the July baby know that you can't hold a spot that long but a spot may open up. You never know what will happen. I had a family that I thought would be with me forever tell me last week they are suddenly moving over seas...you never know.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    July is wayyyyy to far off to be worrying. Accept the November baby and reassess a few months before July. IF you still want to let the one family go and accept the other family (assuming they still want to come) then figure out a plan.

So many things can happen between now and then. For all you know a family will leave (or a couple of them), a family will decide to put the older child in preschool, someone moves over seas...just too many unknowns to be thinking ahead 10months.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I agree. I would never worry that far in advance it will bite you in the butt! Just plan for the next few months and go with that.

That being said I would never purposely deceive a family. If you commit to Nov baby and if nothing changes between now November and july I would never terminate just because you like one family over another. I do unto others as I wish them to do to me. I know how it feels to be the "good for the time being" person and it doesn't feel good.

Expansive...
    I have a family that we were arranging to take the baby next June and the big brother stay on p/t while Mom on her Mat leave and they just told me yesterday the may move to Vanc Island so we just can't plan ahead as some much as we would like to be in control

Expansive...
    I agree with the others who recommend you take the November siblings and then give it your all to make things work with that family. It is first come - first serve. It would be different if they were both wanting a November start and you had to choose but in this case - I think it's the November family who you should try to give a fair shot.
    Then reassess what your situation looks like in April/May and see if you have any other spots open or what. That is a long time - someone else could still get pregnant and have a baby in that time so I would not plan things that specifically until I get into the spring of 2016.
    Good luck