Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Won't stop crying

I have a 2 y.o DCB. He won't stop crying today at nap. I am someone who leaves the kids for the whole nap and they usually nap well. In the beginning (when I first started) I would let them get up after they slept but I found they clued in on this and their naps got shorter and shorter. Leaving them works and they sleep the whole 2 hrs usually.

This boy has not been napping for mom and dad but still naps for me no issues usually. He still needs a nap for sure, I think it's more behaviour/refusal. He has been crying the whole nap. I went down and laid him back down and again went down and changed him as he had pooped and thought that may be it...I'm at a loss. The other kids are sleeping through it, it just sounds horrible and neglectful of me to let him cry like this! I don't want to undo my hard work but its getting to be too much for me!

Euphoric !
    There is a strong chance that the poop was the cause at first and now your having gone to change him is enough for him to keep trying to see if you come back. If he has been sleeping poorly for naps at home they maybe have taught him that the crying gets attention and ends nap. So maybe the timing of it all for today (the poop and diaper change) is enough for him to hope it will work for you.

Was he showing any other unusual behaviors today to make you think he might be unwell...or getting his 2yr molars? If he hasn't slept at all I'd lean to just leaving him so he doesn't start this daily.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    So I continued to leave him and he fell asleep right at the end of his nap. He was crabby of course this afternoon. He and another boy were feeding off of each other a bit at nap which didn't help the situation at all. I didn't notice anything off about him aside from his nap. We'll see how tomorrow goes. I normally don't even go down to check on them as I have video monitors but this was so out of character for him I did check and saw he had pooped.