Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

How much daycare allowance do parents get per child?

The way I understand it, parents get some supplemental money from the government to help for child care cost. How much do they get per day for each child?

How much do you charge for before and after school?

For a B/A child who'll be at my daycae before school from 7 am to 8:30, and after school from 3 to 4:30, I was thinking of charging a flat rate of $30, - treating it like part time.
    Do you think that's too high?

If there are two siblings for B/A.....do you give a discount?

In ont parents get 160$ a mth per child under age 6yrs. Then they get 60$ a mth per child age 6 to 18yrs. I charge 10/hr for b/a care. So for those times it be 30$.
    No I do not charge or give sibling discount. As a spot is a spot and they are using two. I'd be getting full rate if the two kids were not related.
    Last edited by babydom; 09-17-2015 at 08:37 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    The UCCB is actually Canada wide and is $160 for kids under 6 and $60 for 6-18. It is taxable, so for many, doesn't amount to much.

B/A school rates, like anything else, depend on what your area market will bear. Check out what other programs charge.

I would say 160 per child for daycare per month is very good! if someone charges 700 per month they are only paying 540! That's a great deal!

Expansive...
    I think she was asking about the child care benefit that EVERY parent of children under 18 receives from the government.

It is not a direct supplement to whatever you pay for daycare. Families use it however they want. It is taxable so in no way would equal $160 off of your monthly daycare fees.

For us, after taxes, it works out to be a "supplement" $7 a month.

If the OP was talking about subsidies or something else than maybe that is different.
    Last edited by Wonderwiper; 09-17-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderwiper View Post
    I think she was asking about the child care benefit that EVERY parent of children under 18 receives from the government.

It is not a direct supplement to whatever you pay for daycare. Families use it however they want. It is taxable so in no way would equal $160 off of your monthly daycare fees.

For us, after taxes, it works out to be a "supplement" $7 a month.

If the OP was talking about subsidies or something else than maybe that is different.
    I'm referring to the supplement the government had given parents so they can decide where they want to get childcare. It was supposed to help for childcare cost.

Are you talking about subsidiary??
    Last edited by 3rdtimesacharm; 09-17-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Outgoing
    There are subsidized daycare spaces in every province (I would imagine) but QC is the only one that has it for all famillies, no matter what their income is. If you are asking about subsidized childcare spaces, I believe, in Ontario, at least, you have to be with an agency as a daycare provider to be eligible for it and the parents would have to be a low-income family to qualify. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

Sub all depends on the parents income. I have a family who told me they applied and got declined because they made too much. Dad works at McDonalds and Mom makes around 20 an hours (she told me this) and the worker told them if they made a little less they would qualify for roughly 100 dollars. BUT if you take that 100 plus the 160 it's that could be 260 used for childcare. People seem to complain about child care costs the most to logically as a parent I would have the 160 and put it towards my daycare cost

I was told that subsidy covers up to $500 or more per month for private home care.