Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Chasing Parents Around For Payment

Lately I don't know what's been going on with people but I have constantly been hounding parents for their payments. If my policies needs any improvement please please just let me know.

Parent 1 (career choice cop )
    Shows up on the first day of daycare with no money lol I was a little flustered with it being a new transition so I didn't notice until the parent left. Daughter was sick I still except people to drop off payment on Monday. We finished texting the night before about her showing up at 7 am well guess what she didn't show up until 7:55

Another parent who has had a child that's been sick has been here all week last week. She was suppose to text me mid last week when they were going to be coming back....no text and now I had to text then when they are coming back and when they are going to be paying (still no reply)

My policy states that payment is due in full for that current week every Monday morning. The second family got to pay on Tuesday last week because they're children wasn't scheduled to come on Monday so I let them pay on Tuesday but this week that doesn't apply becuase I don't have any kind of schedule for this week. Please help
    Last edited by crayolamom; 09-20-2015 at 09:23 AM.

Euphoric !
    I think you need stronger contract.
    Day care fees due on Monday, and if they not paid, there late fee and you have right to refuse care. Make clear that fees due regardless of attendance as lot public holiday fall on Monday so you not want everyone wait until Tuesday when that happen.
    If no consequence to pay late, they maybe not see what issue is. Some think dayhome is just extra money and forget carer have bills too.

I don't provide care for late payments. If payment didn't come by Tuesday morning I would be Turing away the child Tuesday till pay was paid in full

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Late fee!!! My policy states that payment is due Friday morning at drop off or a $20 late fee will apply and continue to accumulate daily until payment is due. No care until payment. I text parents day before payday with a reminder payment is due in the morning with their total.

Seems that our payment policy is not that strict. 14 days after 1st of the month, 20$ late fee/day. But it doesn't even matter, most pay on the last day possible.

I do charge 1st and last month before they can even come so that covers non payers.

Euphoric !
    I moved pay day to Friday which gives them the weekend if the forget and they must send it via online banking if they don't give it to me on Friday - ie I am only making one trip to the bank and child is not accepted into care on Monday if funds have not been received - I do check first thing Monday morning if necessary. There is a late fee I could add but normally I don't if they pay by the weekend which allows those that are paid on Friday to make sure the money is in their account before paying me so they don't bounce the money which is appreciated but at least there is no care given without payment.

Euphoric !
    My fees are due on Fridays for the following two weeks ..... I only accept cash or emt ...emt is great cause the sender can set up an automatic biweekly payment and then it's never late

Starting to feel at home...
    Thank you so much! I think I will move in that direction because on Mondays everyone is always late and use going to the bank in the mornings as an excuse and it gets a little frustrating because they had the whole weekend to do it

Euphoric !
    I don't allow parents to be late. I text Thursday with reminder. If they don't hand one over Friday morning when they walk in I have no issue asking for it before they leave. If I get an excuse I remind them that I must have it by end of the day and to add an extra $20 on it as late fees begin that day. Usually results in them running for payment to bring it back to me. It never happens again.

I have Payment date on Fridays in advance and $50 late payment fee (it used to be $30). The one who tried came on Monday morning with $150 plus payment due at drop off, or care would not be provided. So this family never "forgot" payment date again