Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When I Snap!

Starting to feel at home...

When I Snap!

Happy Monday Ladies!!!

WELL I remember reading on this forum a while back about how some providers do not allow cops as clients. Due to my complete LACK of not only experience but common sense now I see why this is a hell no for so many.

This client honestly has no respect what so ever for me, my time or business (might turn into a vent so I apologize head of time lol)

Payment started to be late ....frequently but I put an end to that real quick when I let them REMEMBER not know lol that there will be a 20 per day late fee charge (magically forgot about late fees but everything else in the contract remembered )

Late picking up and this is the text I got "late just let me know how much in late fees "......

Me "Uhhh I have to take my daughter to dance" Them "Sorry 5 imins" well in fact what you meant to say is 35 mins because that's how long it took.

Drop off time was agreed upon to be 8 am well that has never been the case. They actually drop off anywhere between 8:10 and 9 which is peachy because my other clients don't come until 9:30 (I only take in 2 children|) so I am basically waking up for nothing and wasting around!!!

And yes I get not everyone person who has this occupation the same way but some just have that persona I can't explain and attitude like I'm the boss and your the slave. It's very hard to understand unless you know or experienced it. What's amazing is in the interview process they seemed wonderful.. What happened ? Lol

How do you address is this professionally and calmly
    Last edited by crayolamom; 09-21-2015 at 07:15 AM.

Euphoric !
    I would send e-mail so it in writing.

"There seem be a few instances of misunderstandings which I like to address before it escalates. I feel very important for open communication so I trust this taken in spirit intended.

1. Late pickup
    Although I understand sometime if unavailable, it important that accurate information is sent. When told you were running late and would be here in 5 mins, I took face value, as you were aware my child had appointment. It very disappointing when that turn into 35 mins and it impacted on my personal time and family commitment considerably. This cannot happen again.

2. Drop off time
    When care was arranged, you had requirement for 8am drop off time but you child typically coming much later. Since you only client with early drop off, please let me know (preferably night before) if not going to be here on time as that allow me to plan my own morning."

Do you have late collection fee? If not, add one. Mine $1 minute so for person who 35 min late, it $35 fee. Good deterrent.

Thank you ! I do it's $1 dollar a minute and they don't care they just say what's the late fee

Outgoing
    I hear EVERYTHING you are saying Crayola mom....I have a short list of clients I will NOT take on....due to past experience. specifically the ones that think the world OWES them....so done with these people

The worst client by far!! No s*** is given at all...once I address the issue they just go right back into the same habit... I smell termination coming on!

Oh and lawyer are leaving a nice trade mark on my hit list lol

Euphoric !
    That's why I don't do late fees. My husband has his MBA and they had courses that showed the research on late fees. Essentially late fees tell people they CAN be late, they just have to pay. For some people they don't care...they are entitled to be late as long as they pay. Which is fine if you like the extra cash but isn't fine if you don't want to work late!

For me, late once you get a warning, late twice you get a letter of termination. They are NOT entitled to be late. Now, if they call in a panic that they really got held up at work and are on their way I don't much care. Because life happens. BUT life doesn't happen on a weekly basis and you quickly know the types that will pretend it does. They just aren't welcome here.

If he's causing you grief write up a letter of termination due to the inability to follow the signed contracted terms. Find a family that respects you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

It was my fault because I was a little intimidated because they were cops lol then this morning I honestly snapped hahaha there's only so much a person can take until you go crazy. Same thing goes for being strict/firm as first I was a push over and then over time I started to go a little crazy and now I'm finally at a good spot lol It was so bad I was "shy" to ask for payment if they forgot in the morning and would just send a text. Now lol watch out "where's your payment?!" hahaha

I never do cops, lawyers or parents that work for the cas. Just not worth it. I also have no late fees as they don't care they'll just pay. I'm the same as lee-bee but three times. Two warnings then they are gone if late a third time.

Euphoric !
    I have late fees and strongly suggest keeping them. My contract also lists reasons for termination and failure to pay on time as well as failure to pickup on time is on there. This gives me the chance to terminate when I want. 35 minutes late when I have to go somewhere would be immediate termination!!

Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    I have late fees and strongly suggest keeping them. My contract also lists reasons for termination and failure to pay on time as well as failure to pickup on time is on there. This gives me the chance to terminate when I want. 35 minutes late when I have to go somewhere would be immediate termination!!
    I agree with this. I have $1 per minute past closing time and enforce it. I know a provider that has in her contract $1 per minute the first time they are late, $2 per minute the second time, $3 per minute the third time and fourth time that it happens is termination.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post: