Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rash :S

Starting to feel at home...

Rash :S

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering what your sick policy is regarding children that have a rash. Do you require a doctors not?

If it's contagious then They stay away until it's not but if it's a rash that comes after a fever like roseola and is no longer contagious or heat rash or diaper rash than they can come I don't require doctor notes

Sorry I am VERY new to this and haven't had experience with my baby yet to know. How do I know the difference between a contagious rash and a non contagious rash?

They have to see a doctor. The doctor will say it's fine or no stay home. Then the parent will let u know. Some ask for a doctors note so the parent isn't lying and say the doctor said it was fine to come. So u can do that if u want

Your experiences will begin to grow then you'll know the difference. I know what a rosella rash looks like. I know what a heat rash looks like. I know what "the stay away from me rashes" look like. You'll get here

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Most rashes are harmless...the trouble is finding out which ones are! Some kids get rashes with a cold and for other random reasons. In other cases the rash appears AFTER the child is no longer contagious so more often than not keeping a child home for the rash isn't going to help prevent the spread of illnesses.

Typically a doctors note is not helpful and is a burden on the health care system (and parents pocket book).

Is it okay to require a doctors note than? I'm scared since I don't know the difference leading me to allow someone to come to care with something serious. I know parents are honest but I also know there are some out there who lie to keep their child in care but as the same time I don't want to be a burden.

Expansive...
    I always require a doctor's note when there is a rash(not diaper rash of course)

Thank you I just wanted to make sure I wasn't creating rules that didn't exist. Lol I just had my baby and I have absolutely no experience with child illness etc. I know some advise to look at the public health but I was told that they said kids with chicken pox can come to daycare and that's a no no for me.

Euphoric !
    I think it's absolutely fine asking for a doctor's note and if a parent has seen the doctor and it's not contagious than there should be no reason for them to cause a stink over it. If they do, it would be a red flag to me.

We are not doctor's and it's not our job to decide if rashes are contagious or not. We have to think of a group as a whole and keep them all safe.

I don't usually request a dr's note but in the past, I have. Other children were getting sick, their child wasn't getting healthy and they kept saying they had gone to the doctor. When I asked for a note, they all of sudden stayed home for a week!! I knew something was fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    I think it's absolutely fine asking for a doctor's note and if a parent has seen the doctor and it's not contagious than there should be no reason for them to cause a stink over it. If they do, it would be a red flag to me.

We are not doctor's and it's not our job to decide if rashes are contagious or not. We have to think of a group as a whole and keep them all safe.

I don't usually request a dr's note but in the past, I have. Other children were getting sick, their child wasn't getting healthy and they kept saying they had gone to the doctor. When I asked for a note, they all of sudden stayed home for a week!! I knew something was fishy...
    Thank you 5 Little Monkeys I just think the parents lied about going to the doctors because their story changed and the mom got really rude when I asked for a doctors note. After I mentioned a doctors not she decided to keep the child home until the rash clears up since she couldn't pay $20 dollars for a doctors note? Hmm Lol