Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rash :S

Expansive...
    $20 for a Dr note!!! That's crazy and it is hard to read the Dr scribbles !

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Van View Post
    $20 for a Dr note!!! That's crazy and it is hard to read the Dr scribbles !
    Daycare providers aren't doctors so if there is a rash the only way to know what it is and that it's not contagious is to go to the doctor and the only way to prove they actually went to the doctor is to request a doctors note. No ones getting pin worms because someone has rash!

Shy
    I don't require a note, but I have asked parents to get it checked out by a Dr. It depends on your relationship with the parents I guess, but better to have it in contract/ handbook and not need to request it, than to not have it in.
    In my experience, most parents would be worried too if it was a questionable rash and would be getting it checked out ( usually kids would also be experiencing other symptoms such as fever, itching etc).
    As for chicken pox, research says it's contagious before rash, kids can go to school with rash ( if able to participate fully), only reason to keep home would be if they were uncomfortable or fever. But I believe kids are now vacinated for it.
    You'll learn to recognize the common childhood rashes after awhile. Searching the Internet may give you an idea on what it is ( not suggesting you diagnose child), or what to look for at least.

Expansive...
    I send my parents to the Dr to get rashes checked out too as we are not doctors but the rash is contagious before the spots come out , usually 7 days before so the damage is done by the time the spots come out- - still can't believe the dr's note is $20, the price sure went up My parent always gives me one now I won't be in a hurry to ask for one next time