Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Sick & vacation days

What do other home daycare providers do when they are sick and unable to care for the children? Do you still charge the parent for the day(s)? Or, if one of the children is sick and does not come for care, do you still charge?
    Also same question for vacation. When parents take vacation and don't need care for their child, does anyone have advice on that?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to depaolilisa2@gmail.c For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I tell parents that payment is by enrollment not attendance so they must pay even if their child is not in attendance (if you don't make parents pay many will take advantage really quick and you wont have a steady income).

On my end they pay for stat holidays but they don't pay me if I am closed for any reasons. I don't feel comfortable making parents pay me if I am not working but everyone is different.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crayolamom For This Useful Post:

For me parents pay all stat days, my three wk holidays and anytime they are not here but I am open. So their holidays or sick days. I don't charge for my sick days though.

Euphoric !
    My fees are by enrolment and therefore parents pay for all 52 weeks of the year. If I am sick and have to close the daycare then I don't charge for the day(s). Knock on wood but I have never closed due to my illness. Otherwise every other day is paid

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by depaolilisa2@gmail.c View Post
    What do other home daycare providers do when they are sick and unable to care for the children? Do you still charge the parent for the day(s)? Or, if one of the children is sick and does not come for care, do you still charge?
    Also same question for vacation. When parents take vacation and don't need care for their child, does anyone have advice on that?
    I have 10 personal paid day per year. It used for vacation week, for appointment and for if I sick. My parent would pay as long as I not used all my personal day already.

If child is sick, again, they still pay. My contract is for days registered regardless of attendance. This why, if I have a PT child, they have set days, not changing day otherwise, they would try switch on day might not have capacity.

Euphoric !
    If I'm sick or on holidays, no fee

If they're sick, full fee. If they're on holidays, $10 less/day IF I know about it before payment is due

Stat holidays, $10 less than regular fee

Quote Originally Posted by crayolamom View Post
    I tell parents that payment is by enrollment not attendance so they must pay even if their child is not in attendance (if you don't make parents pay many will take advantage really quick and you wont have a steady income).

On my end they pay for stat holidays but they don't pay me if I am closed for any reasons. I don't feel comfortable making parents pay me if I am not working but everyone is different.
    Yes, this is my policy too. (I have all teacher families as clients and am closed all summer, 2 weeks at Christmas and March Break; while my husband, also a teacher, is off too).
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamalittledream For This Useful Post: