Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

I just wish they would go away lol

Just a rant....So last week I was totally blindsided by 2 families giving notice. Both have been accepted into centers. Oh well whatever- life goes on! Hopefully I can fill my spots and not have to loose too much income! I ask for 3 weeks notice but wish the families would just go away (and still pay me lol!). It has only happened to me once where I got paid but child did not attend. I find myself "checking out" from these 2 families because I see them checking out from me. My handful is one that is leaving (I am going to do a happy dance I think on his last day!!). He is being a nightmare lately and mom doesn't seem to really care if we had a good day or bad day! I feel sorry for those poor girls in the center.

Second boy's mom is annoying me. Her reason for leaving is because my holiday time is inconvenient for her and she has to use her holiday time. This really hurt me as I barely take enough time off and give all my holidays in February with the odd change with tons of notice. If I take 10 days off a year I am lucky but it still is too much for her. Maybe I am just too sensitive but she seems to be putting in little digs lately. Her comment this morning to her son was to not watch TV as you watch way too much. My TV is on first thing in the morning for no more than an hour. That's it! He likely watches 5-10 minutes if at all. He was the first drop off this morning so there was no other distraction. One other day when she picked up early she made a comment that she thought we would be outside already. Then there is the potty training comments - oh he is doing so well at home just not sure why he isn't here?

Countdown is on lol! Hoping I can fill my spots quickly and with good families. I want to enjoy my day again and I can see this group is sucking the life out of me. Looking forward to a change.

I had 1 interview scheduled for last night. They ended up getting lost. They didn't take my phone number with them. Ended up being a no show. I got an email later in the evening saying my directions were not clear. They were on the wrong road and couldn't find my house number. Well checked my directions and yep I gave them the right road no. But they were on the wrong road. Dodged a bullet - if you can read and follow proper directions how can you follow my 10 page contract!!! Lol

Another meeting scheduled for tonight. Hoping it goes well! (And that they show).

Euphoric !
    This hard time year to find client. Children aging out to school leave lot provider with spaces for normal number of client looking.

I thought I avoided September-stinks month when contracted for my place last November but seem not. Other client give notice start September to go to daycare with longer hour because Mom is shift worker and Grandpa who pick up when Mom running late, is moving away.

Quiet all round at moment. Lot provider not having any inquirys and those who do make contact, looking for cheap care or shift hours or weekend. Finger crossed something come along soon for both us.

Expansive...
    Well, I'm glad these rotten apples will be moving on and you can have a fresh start! On a positive note, I am receiving a ton of inquiries lately even though I am not advertising so there are plenty of good families out there who will be only too lucky to have you as a provider. Stay positive, and the right ones will come along. Good luck!

Euphoric !
    I had a previous daycare mom inquire about my preschool spot. She is looking for a job (she was a sahm for the last year when they left my daycare). She cannot commit to my spot but I know that if a job comes along for her she will want my spot. So that is something to hope for.

Just gotta get through the next 2.5 weeks with these 2 boys. Can't go by fast enough!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: