Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Black balled, just because.....

Hello all long time creeper lol, infrequent poster... HAHA.

I am unsure where to even start. but will try my best. A very good friend of mine and fellow daycare provider started a local provider board on Facebook.

It was a great idea, everyone got along, then there was a leak on my friend's Facebook group.

Another provider screen shotted her post and shared it with the parent that she was speaking about (Because the leaker and the mentioned parent are cousins) But, the truth is I have no idea how the screen shotter put two and two together because no id'ing information was ever mentioned, the post was not derogatory in any way. All my friend said was that she was losing a 12 mo that she had just transitioned to another daycare, and she was confused as to why with the hash tag ‪#‎whydoiworksohardt obetoldisuck‬

She lost the client sooner than anticipated, and it was very hard for her.

Then bam, it all went downhill from there, people started dogpiling her, making very rude remarks about how dumb was she to let the leak happen...Other providers even made false reports saying she was over ratio, and unsafe. Luckily she has come out of it unscathed, mostly, but has no provider friends to speak of in our area. She has been blocked from every group, and the one she did have is dead, no one ever says anything for fear of another leak, and so many rumors have swirled about her....She is hurt, when all she did was try her best to be there for others in her position.

She has gotten back on her feet and has good clients, but she feels very alone, and like she has no one to talk to about the struggles of HDC.

I asked her if she has thought about joining national or international daycare groups like this one, but she says no, she has even gone so far as to delete everything from her FB, etc..... (Even though everything on it was nothing to write home about. And, she was very aware of digital citizenship as it were)

I am still a member of all these groups that she has been blocked from, and all these people are such catty, unscrupulous women...It's tough, but I tend to just sit back and watch, but all these weeks later, and they are still talking about her, and why they think she should be out of the business this that or the other thing.....

I don't even know what to do or say, but I feel terrible that she is being talked about like this behind her back, when she did nothing wrong....And the worst part is, it's just the same shit being recycled, and they are getting angry because though people visit her home, nothing is found, and she is cleared....They want to catch her, and there is nothing to catch.....
    Last edited by parentof1; 09-25-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Yup good old high school. Some ppl just don't grow up unfortunately. That's why I try to stay out of conversations like that. And if one starts I delete my comments and leave the conversation. This also why I chat on here under a "code name" not my real name or daycare name. I can vent all I want

As tough as it is, you just have to tell her to hold her head high..... and if, like you say she is a great provider, it'll all blow over, and people will deal with it as needed if it is malicious. I have been through this a few times myself, and women will be like this..... Sadly.

Expansive...
    so sad as all she was saying was she was not happy about losing a baby that was just settling in her daycare to another daycare and we can all agree with her there
    sounds like she needs a friend like you to talk to and just moan now and then and she knows it won't get back to the parent

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

That downside of social media This is exactly like high school. Mean girls, cattiness, etc.

She is lucky to have a friend like you. This will blow over. Eventually. People suck a lot of times.