Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Overlap? No thanks!

Due to the amount of pit bulls of this form this post has been deleted!
    Last edited by crayolamom; 09-30-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Expansive...
    I'm not exactly sure what your concern is?

You have said that everyone pays for a full time spot, whether they use everyday or not right? If this is the case then are you not "double dipping" and "selling" someone's spot to an occasional client?

Seems to me that all your spots are already full if everyone pays full time fees. If they choose not to come certain days then you have a lighter load that day but still earn full income.

Maybe i've misunderstood.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonderwiper For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    If they are paying for 5 days of care...then they are entitled to 5 days of care even if they change their mind last minute. The spot is theirs they can do as they please with it.

If they happen to not use a day then I suppose good for you for making an extra profit by filling the day...but this would have to be done last minute (as in the morning of) because until they don't show up that day you can't really fill it.

Maybe I am mistaken...are you filling the unused days and not charging the original family the days that you fill with someone else?

I think the family is in the right to change their days last minute (since they pay for all 5 days) you are in the wrong for being upset and trying to not let them. If I were them and I was told I couldn't change my mind about which portion of my full time spot I actually use I would leave. It is my spot...all 100% of it. I get any and all priority in using it.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by crayolamom View Post
    I have a family that comes 3 days a week. If families choose not to come all 5 days they still pay the weekly fee as I do not charge per day. I also have a wait list of client who like to come for occasional care if a spot opens up that someone may not be using. I ask for everyone's schedule 2 weeks in advance and I have a family who likes to switch days last minute but gets upset if I can't switch. I have had issues in the past with families "switching" days and this has prevented us by doing certain activities ex playgroup that had to be paid for ahead of time because the exact number of kids weren't accounted for.

My issue is I have occasional drop offs that come in the spot isn't being used but other parents get upset if they can't come or change days last minute.

But even this isn't legit. If I am paying for a full time space then you should be paying for my kids place in outings even if I don't come that day...because I pay for you to do so. It is a reward for you on the day I keep my kid home because I pay for the spot anyways.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

When a family pays for a space it is there for them. I do have a casual client that comes when my part times aren't attending, but they know this, and I NEVER DO IT FOR A FULL TIMER.

I have had instances where my part timer will switch days with the casual family, but we all make this arrangements upfront and in person. My casual family takes days that my part time family is not attending. The casual family knows that they can be bumped at any time.

I would never fill a perm. ft spot with another family as they are entitled to thier space, nor would I let my casual family take my pt'er's regular day without the other's authorization first, AGAIN THIS IS THIER SPACE.
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 09-29-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post
    But even this isn't legit. If I am paying for a full time space then you should be paying for my kids place in outings even if I don't come that day...because I pay for you to do so. It is a reward for you on the day I keep my kid home because I pay for the spot anyways.
    That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard of! Why would anyone pay for something someone isn't using lol you a paying for a part-time spot because you want to pick and choose your days not paying me for play groups??!! They are able to come when they want but I don't allow last minute changes for anyone. Period.

And situations like this (paying for full time, and not using all thier days) are why parents come regardless of whether they are at work or not. So not really sure what to offer here. You asked for advice we gave it.

I have a dad who works a number of casual jobs, and his schedule changes regularly, so he pays for the security of a space, and I MAKE ROOM for his child whether I have to cancel playgroup etc or not. These parents are PAYING for us to be available.
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 09-29-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: trpo

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

I agree that this seems a little silly to be paying for something a child isn't attending, you would be lying if you said you all did this (maybe stop that to save some money) and I disagree that it's a "reward" for the provider. That comment was rude, it's actually not a reward if a family doesn't come and you get paid for it it's actually called a part-time family paying for flexibility and the provider being able to do that. She is giving them what they want but doesn't allow last minute changes. I don't see anything wrong with that if anything it's a smart way of making extra money and saving some. I do not allow for last minute changes either. Everyone is on a power trip right now but please keep in mind that many of you charge families for your vacation and sick days which I think is wrong in the sense that your not even working and expect to get paid.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ottawamommy For This Useful Post:

I would have to agree with the other comments. As a parent, if I was paying for a full time space, I would be PISSED if I had to change days and was told I couldn't because another child was attending that day. That is MY CHILD'S SPACE to use however and whenever needed. As a provider, I would not have another child attend JUST IN CASE my child who's parents are paying for the space need to come. Asking for everyone's schedule 2 weeks in advance so you can squeeze another child in for extra income is not something I would do, personally. You are already getting paid for the full time spots. Like others said, if the child doesn't attend, that's the bonus for you, an easier day. I have a supply teacher right now who pays for full time care because she does not know her schedule ahead of time and doesn't know when the child will be attending. I get informed only the morning of a lot of the time. This may be a little different than your situation but it's along the same line. I have to leave the whole week open for that child for WHENEVER they need to come. And how could I complain? I'm getting paid for the full time spot and the child doesn't even come everyday!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lplplp For This Useful Post:

Although I agree with Ottawamommy in the sense that I do not pay for extra children to be somewhere, and the fact that we are not rewarded when families do not attend, I do not agree with the fact that you are allowing others to attend during another family's paid time.

I can almost guarantee you, that if you were honest about this, you'd have more than one person upset with you, and no one is on any trip, we are just giving our thoughts.
    Last edited by dodge__driver11; 09-29-2015 at 05:43 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dodge__driver11 For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast