Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

To send home or not???

My darling dcb is so out of it, he's been fighting a cold all week, crying all day! Hes got a clear excessive runny nose that I cant even keep up with. Nothing will console this little one. He has no fever and his bm are almost diarrhea (which if he had any he would be on his way home) I just am lost on what to do, his crying all day makes it hard for me to work with any of the other children as he constantly needs my one on one attention. I am debating on sending him home, I am feeling like saying to the parents at pick up time that if he still has his cold this bad on Monday please keep him home until he is up to par. As I have the policy if they cant participate in daily routine they are are not well enough to be here. Any thoughts??? Thanks

Shy
    This is unfair to you, unfair to the other daycare children and very unfair to the child, who probably just wants to recouperate in the quiet and comfort of his home. My contract states that if a child has a cold and cannot *comfortably* participate in daycare activities, they should be at home.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hockey mom For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I have the same in my contract. They are sent home if they are not able to participate in daily activities such as walking to the school or outdoor play. If they are super miserable from a cold, cough, etc, they will be sent home.
    I also state that parents are not to administer medication to mask symptoms before drop off either.

i would send him home. is it possible that it could have turned in to a sinus infection?

Euphoric !
    Send the child home. Sometimes they just seriously need mom or dad to snuggle them and tend to them. Being sick enough to stay home doesn't always mean a fever or rash or obvious symptoms. The best indicator is a normally perfectly content child not being able to keep it together.

If you haven't sent the kid home 10 times already then I would think (hope) the parents understand and come get him so they can care for him.

Hopefully the weekend is enough time for him to recover enough to survive Monday with you!