Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Euphoric !
    Oh yeah, it's very much still on the table. Hopefully our presentations are swaying...fingers crossed! I think they will be and we've put a lot into them. We're working together with CCPRN (Child Care Providers Resource Network) and attending the meetings with them as well...they have some clout. This working group (and these meetings) came about because of CICPO. The ministry was interested enough in our idea to put this group together and I"m thrilled to be part of it. We've come a long, long way since last year at this time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by cfred View Post
    Oh yeah, it's very much still on the table. Hopefully our presentations are swaying...fingers crossed! I think they will be and we've put a lot into them. We're working together with CCPRN (Child Care Providers Resource Network) and attending the meetings with them as well...they have some clout. This working group (and these meetings) came about because of CICPO. The ministry was interested enough in our idea to put this group together and I"m thrilled to be part of it. We've come a long, long way since last year at this time!
    I'm cheering for you guys!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to betsy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dodge__driver11 View Post
    I know that this is not your question Betsy. But it can be done Saskatchewan does it. They lic. the invidual and we do not work with agencies.
    Can I ask how much it costs to be individually licensed in Saskatchewan and other provinces that do this?

Euphoric !
    Don't ask that....you might spontaneously combust. It's very low, if I remember correctly

Outgoing
    It doesn't cost anything to be licensed in Manitoba. It takes anywhere from 6 months to a year, and along the way you may have to incur some costs, like upgraded smoke alarms, etc, but the actual license doesn't cost anything.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Gah....jeez....I didn't need to hear that. We asked the Ministry for a system like other provinces. Nope...flat rejection. Ontario is broke and childcare isn't a priority. They blew the whole wad on FDK which is a MESS! They invested in the completely wrong program. Sigh....oh Liberals....so, so misguided.

The ONLY reason they're paying attention to CICPO's cooperative model is because it is self sustaining. We can get the job done, within ministry standards, without costing them or the taxpayers anything. That's the main reason we're being heard. It's a solution to the problem of bringing in more licensed spaces that is more appealing to more ICPs without burdening the province.

Don't ask that....you might spontaneously combust. It's very low, if I remember correctly
    Lol! I was just curious to see what other provinces are doing. I know we had quite the conversation yesterday about the cost of the co-op in Ontario, but I know each province can be completely different... I was just interested to see the cost in other provinces. I wish we were able to do something like that here.

Euphoric !
    Me too. It's depressing, really. We see other provinces that are able to carry the program beautifully. It really is a shame that we can't do the same here. We asked for that and backed our demands with cogent arguments. They really couldn't be argued. But, there's no money. They've made it abundantly clear that they won't help us. We can only help ourselves, hence the Cooperative. It's not exactly what we want, but it's another option, that's still better than the one that's out there, for many. Maybe Ontario will get it's shit together some day...but it won't happen with Liberals in office...in particular, Wynne's Liberals.

We've learned so, so much about the government, this industry and the media in the past 18 months...it's really crazy how the whole thing works....and sad.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cfred For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    It doesn't cost anything to be licensed in Manitoba. It takes anywhere from 6 months to a year, and along the way you may have to incur some costs, like upgraded smoke alarms, etc, but the actual license doesn't cost anything.
    It does not cost anything to be licensed in BC and may take up to 6 to 9 month to upgrade after inspections of your home from Fire Dept and daycare inspections from the health dept who also do the inspections during the year so you know them when they come by to inspect and it only cost $20 a year to belong to a group that parents may call to let them know what daycares have a spot available in their area

Me too. It's depressing, really. We see other provinces that are able to carry the program beautifully. It really is a shame that we can't do the same here. We asked for that and backed our demands with cogent arguments. They really couldn't be argued. But, there's no money. They've made it abundantly clear that they won't help us. We can only help ourselves, hence the Cooperative. It's not exactly what we want, but it's another option, that's still better than the one that's out there, for many. Maybe Ontario will get it's shit together some day...but it won't happen with Liberals in office...in particular, Wynne's Liberals.

We've learned so, so much about the government, this industry and the media in the past 18 months...it's really crazy how the whole thing works....and sad.

Just curious about the last meeting?