Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    Honestly, if you want to do transitions, do it when it's best for you. It will make the parent happy, not inconvenience you and really, the kid won't care. It's a transition either way but we don't give kids enough credit. They will be fine.

If doing half days though, morning only so they can play and be distracted from their morning nap.

I've had young kids have catnaps on the floor in the playroom with kids running around them though lol. Kids adapt! If they need a break, they need a break. A screaming tired kid is no fun so you do what you gotta do!

Euphoric !
    12 month old will be easier to adjust than 3 year old. So if doing transition, it more important for older child.

I not do transition unless parent is paying for it. They start a week early and pay full time and phase in that way.

I tend to issue my schedule long before start date and some parent mirror mine before child start here. If baby schedule different, I mirror their's for a week and start bringing into mine. But lunch/naps not changed, only routine. So if baby has bottle before nap, I do that here or if they have when wake, I do that here.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Most often I don't have a lot of notice when new clients coming (about a month) so I do the same as suzie. I follow the child's lead for a week or so before introducing my schedule. Some kids are easier to transition than others and often things the parent "warns" me about are non-issues here....like the parent will say they are hard to get down for nap but yet here they fall asleep within 5 mins etc.

Euphoric !
    I do the 3 days together. The quicker the child can follow your schedule the better.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post: