Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Can you believe this!!!

I start my daycare hours at 730 am. This morning my daughter had a bunch of extra things to take to school, and asked me for a ride, she is in high school, and they can enter the building at 7 am (sports and other extra curriculars are going on) so I did. It just so happened that my boyfriend spent the night last night because he needed to take his car in this morning for 8. I run my daughter to school, get home at 725 and one of the dcb is there! She dropped him off at 720!and left him, I wasnt even home! and NO my boyfriend is not my back up. It just so happened that he hadnt left to take his car in....what the hell! I texted the mom, told her not to drop off before 730 and NEVER drop off if I am not here! but really, I need to tell a parent this? she hasnt replied!
    My rant for the day!

Euphoric !
    Wow, just wow. Did she just drop him and leave or did she actually hand him over to your boyfriend?

My contract strictly says I do not open until 7:30. I was having issues with some coming at 7:25 too. It hasn't been a problem since I actually added it to my contract.

it is a school aged boy, they came through the door, my boyfriend told them I was out and would be back in a few minutes, mom replied, "Okay tell her that grandpa is picking today" and left. So she does even have the excuse that she didnt reliaze I wasnt there! and yes I have in my contract my hours (730am -530 pm, not before of after) and I also have in my contract that I am the only one that watches the children, I do not have subs or assistants.

It just blows my mind that this seemed okay to someone!

Just to add, my boyfriend is perfectly capable and responsible to care for a child, this is not about him.

Yeah, I would not be happy!
    First of all, at my house, everyone knocks and I have to answer the door before anyone comes in. I don't care if I run a home daycare or not, it's still my and my family's home and I won't have random parents coming in whenever they feel like it. Do the daycare parents not knock or do they just walk in at your house?

I have had parents try dropping off with my husband if I wasn't back from the school drop off yet and he straight out tells them that they have to wait until I get back. He is a very blunt person, so this would never go over well with him.

I don't care if they did come when they were supposed to, if for some reason I couldn't get home on time and they had to wait, they still wouldn't be able to drop off to my husband or anyone else in the house except me!

Euphoric !
    My families also just come in and don't knock. I can't be running to answer the door all the time. I would be keeping your door locked from now on until you are ready to open

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBell View Post
    it is a school aged boy, they came through the door, my boyfriend told them I was out and would be back in a few minutes, mom replied, "Okay tell her that grandpa is picking today" and left. .
    Maybe not nice but I would ask Mom why she left child before opening with dishwasher repair man who I called out and who unconnected to my dayhome and who complete stranger to me.I would ask if he personal friend of her and how well she know to be comfortable leaving child in home when informed I not there. I would also be ask why she feel okay to come into my home, in my personal time, without me being there and if she intend doing it if I go out for evening.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I love that Suzie_homemaker. I wouldn't be able to do it myself, but I do love that answer.

Wow scary. Although it was an older boy and ur bf was there still not ok! Although when I started reading your post I was envisioning a toddler sitting on your front step with no one around. Yikes I would soooo be talking to mom on that one!!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    Wow scary. Although it was an older boy and ur bf was there still not ok! Although when I started reading your post I was envisioning a toddler sitting on your front step with no one around. Yikes I would soooo be talking to mom on that one!!
    Are you in Quebec? If you have time can you please explain the Quebec system on my other post.

Expansive...
    I have early and late pickup/dropoff fees in my contract. It's $20 per instance. Rarely had an issue. Add early&late fees to your contract.