Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Euphoric !

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Just wanted to wish everyone a great long weekend!! Hope it's filled with family and friends and food haha

I actually kinda forgot it was this weekend so we didn't do much this week. They made placemats that I laminated using stamps and leaves we collected on our walks and today we baked pumpkin spiced cookies and decorated plates for them to go home on. I was going to make turkey's using paint samples but 2 are leaving early, 1 is out sick and only one will be here so likely won't have time...next year I guess!

What are some activities you did? I love this time of year so kinda disappointed in myself that I forgot!!

Euphoric !
    I totally forgot too. Monday when I realized we needed to get on the art pronto we essentially had a turkey making workshop going lol. The girls painted and glued to decorate 2 different turkeys.

Later in the week I used painters tape on big paper to write "thanksgiving" and they painted it fall colours then I removed the tape so the word showed up. Simple but effective.

I rarely ever do "crafts" as I prefer free art so this week reminded me how much I do not like crafts with 2yr olds! So much work on my part! But they happily have a few pieces to show off at thanksgiving dinner so all good!

Enjoy the long weekend!

Outgoing
    I also forgot, and was barely able to walk most of the week. One day, just getting them set up with markers was a challenge. I'm mostly fine today, so we did leaf art, but we didn't do anything for thanksgiving. Oops.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Same! Also forgot! Bad me!! So busy with kids this wk. we started our new fall programs, playgroups, library story time, gymnastics. With activities every am it's hard to find time to craft as I usually do it in the mornings. Looks like I'll have to make it up at Christmas! HAPPY THANKSGVING TO YOU TOO!!!

Expansive...
    LOL I also forgot , now I don't feel so bad but I was doing fall art all week and I have some great felt stories for Thanksgiving so I am a bit annoyed that I just didn't think of it earlier in the week but today we did Handprint cards saying Happy Thanksgiving 2015
    Have a great Long weekend everyone

Outgoing
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Just wanted to wish everyone a great long weekend!! Hope it's filled with family and friends and food haha

I actually kinda forgot it was this weekend so we didn't do much this week. They made placemats that I laminated using stamps and leaves we collected on our walks and today we baked pumpkin spiced cookies and decorated plates for them to go home on. I was going to make turkey's using paint samples but 2 are leaving early, 1 is out sick and only one will be here so likely won't have time...next year I guess!

What are some activities you did? I love this time of year so kinda disappointed in myself that I forgot!!
    Happy Thanksgiving to you as well 5 LM! Sounds like you did more than me. We did a gratitude turkey and a turkey handprint picture this week. Oh ya we also had a Thanksgiving luncheon, almost forgot!

Euphoric !
    Haha, I am sort of glad you all forgot too!! Makes me feel less scatterbrained

Lee Bee...I prefer art over crafts too but have started getting into them more as the kids get older. I have 2 two year olds right now but since I do art with them from the get go, they are pretty darn awesome with crafts...it usually does resemble what it should be lol. They impress me! That sign sounds cute and is always a big hit!!

Superfun...Is it your knee giving you trouble still? Hope you can rest it this weekend!!

babydom...You sound extremely busy!! Good for you...I'd be exhausted! lol

Van...handprints are another hit, parents always love them!! I used to have one mom who would ALWAYS tear up when we did hand or foot prints lol

Daycaremom9...You did lots! Gratitude turkey is a good idea (if it's what I'm thinking off...each feather is something they are thankful for?) LOL, we also had a thanksgiving lunch today but that was more of an oops on my part as I cooked a chicken, potato, stuffing dinner the other night so it was leftovers. I'm bringing ham to the one get together so I wasn't really thinking that chicken was not the best idea this week!

This weekend is supposed to be FANTASTIC weather here in MB, I hope you guys have great weather too! We're taking 5 kids and my friend to the zoo tomorrow. I am super excited but not so thrilled that I can't sleep in tomorrow. Thank goodness for long weekends!!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post

You too 5LM.

I been looking forward this weekend long time. All 4 my boys coming for Thanksgiving. Oldest son arrive from Belgium where he working with Doctor without border and bring girl friend so we meet her first time. Second son is here in PEI as lawyer so we lucky to see him most week but he staying too. Third son should arrive today from Toronto with our youngest who in university there.

First time since last Christmas we all in same house together. I very excited.

Euphoric !
    That's awesome Suzie!! Enjoy your family time Hope the new gf is nice!!