Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oh my god!!! :(

Expansive...
    My bathroom was used 3 times in 13 years so I would say sorry for hygiene reasons I can only allow the children to use the daycare bathroom
    it is also annoying that they used your fem items

Starting to feel at home...
    I wondered about the bathroom thing for awhile now. I know there was a post and many said they allowed parents to use but no one specified how often it was used so I assumed everyone was using the bath room regularly. Surprisingly no one has used it this week which makes it easier to give out a letter on Monday morning. How should I word it to include it being gross, toilet overflowing and the garbage I found under the sink.

I also wanted to make sure I wasn't being rude by not allowing people to use it but jeeze louise I don't think it's fair that I get PSD when ever I open up my bathroom cupboard!!

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by ottawamommy View Post
    I wondered about the bathroom thing for awhile now. I know there was a post and many said they allowed parents to use but no one specified how often it was used so I assumed everyone was using the bath room regularly. Surprisingly no one has used it this week which makes it easier to give out a letter on Monday morning. How should I word it to include it being gross, toilet overflowing and the garbage I found under the sink.
    My bathroom is definitely open for them to use but other than those 3 times, (is it weird that I remember who they were lol), they don't use it. There's no need for them to use it really. They can go at work or at home. Twice was a mom who drives the longest (about 20 mins so not even that long and once she was pregnant) and once a mom and her school aged child used it.

If they were using it like yours though, I'd send home a letter too! I don't think youre the one being rude at all!!

I'd say, "due to recent findings in my washroom, multiple service calls for the toilet to be fixed and constant disinfecting, my washroom will now ONLY be available to the children during daycare hours. Should you or your older children need a washroom, there is a restaurant across the street. Sorry for the inconvenience but I thank you in advance for understanding the predicament I am in"

Since they all use it, I can't see any of them asking for details as they'll be scared it's directed at them. I'd assume they all read it and move on as they may feel awkward.....but oh well!!

I'd say, "due to recent findings in my washroom, multiple service calls for the toilet to be fixed and constant disinfecting, my washroom will now ONLY be available to the children during daycare hours. Should you or your older children need a washroom, there is a restaurant across the street. Sorry for the inconvenience but I thank you in advance for understanding the predicament I am in"

I like that wording. I'd say the same

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Believe it or not I'm more nervous to give out this letter then my letter that stated the rate increase lol on top of that it takes too long for them to leave at pick up!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ottawamommy For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would go as far as to say "findings in the cabinet under my sink" so the other families realize you didn't just find poop in the toilet and get annoyed! It would point out that your personal space has been violated completely.