Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oh my god!!! :(

Starting to feel at home...

Oh my god!!! :(

Okay so I am having the WORST week I have ever had and thank god it's a short one. I found something VERY disturbing in my bathroom and I just need to rant.

I allow parents to us my washroom and to be completely honest it's really been grossing me out lately. I live in a condo now and I can hear parents using the bathroom, flushing and then opening my door??? THEY NEVER WASH THEIR HANDS.

So after they leave i have to disinfect the toilet, light switch, door knobs etc. and in the same breath my bathroom is not a public one and I don't think parents should have access to it as i only have one.

So earlier today I went through my "feminine" product and found wrappers from tampons lol and if that wasn't bad enough they put the used tampon dispenser part BACK in the wrapper and threw it under my sink!!!! Everyone uses my bathroom so I don't even know who it might have been!

I did almost pass out when I saw this and I find it so rude and disrespectful and just plain dirty! I also have a parent who made my toilet over flow 2 already and it's just turning into a head ache so I had to call management to fix it because the plunger wasn't working!

Euphoric !
    Umm ewwwwww.
    Do you have a garbage can in the bathroom? I cannot for the life of me figure out why they would leave it under the sink. I mean, even if you had no garbage can in there then wouldn't they stick it in a pocket or purse to throw out somewhere? ewwwww.

Why are so many parents using your bathroom? Are you a really far drive from their houses/their work places?

Perhaps it is time to send home a letter noting that with the numerous times you have had to call management to fix the plugged toilets and the findings from under your sink you will now need to refuse use of the bathroom for parents? It's time they start using their own bathrooms and holding it to wait till they are at work!

yep I have a garbage can in my bathroom right beside my toilet. But my guess is since they used my tampons (I only had 3 in my box) they were probably too embarrassed to ask and my garbage can was empty so I guess they would have figured that I would find out who was going though my stuff!
    The specific parent who I THINK it is (and uses the bathroom almost daily) lives 10 minutes away. She tells me sometimes she'll use the McDonalds bathroom which is right across the street from me. She goes there daily anyway to buy a snack for her kid. The rest of the parents have used it once or twice but when you have 5 sets of families, it adds up.

I would say....sorry, due to the toilet always getting backed up and finding some uncleanliness items under the sink I will have to ask you to please use the public washroom across the street in the restaurant. Unfortunately my toilet can not keep up with multiple uses. Thank you.

Euphoric !
    Sooooo...being embarrassed to have used your tampons she thinks it wiser to return the dirty used parts under your sink than to put it in the trash? ewwwww I suppose there is always a chance you also put your used tampon covers under the sink too so it wouldn't go unnoticed lol. Sigh. Does your bathroom door lock? I would be tempted to just lock it in the morning then once all kids have arrived use a coat hanger to unlock it through the doorknob hole lol. Of course, you'd have to do that forever so easier just to tell them to go across the street.

Euphoric !
    That is so odd....and incredibly gross!

I only have 4 here at a time but usually 5 families enrolled at any given time and over the past 4 years my toilet has been used 3x by parents!! I would definitely send out a letter saying that your washroom is no longer to be used except for their children. If they can't clean up after themselves than that privilege is no longer allowed...plain and simple!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

No it doesn't lock but they never just walk in they always ask and I feel bad for saying no but it's getting to the point where everyone is using the bathroom almost everyday and it's also getting a little unsanitary!!!! She actually tried to hide it in a garbage bag under my sink lol so when I was organizing under my sink I found it lol just eww

people ALWAYS use my bathroom lol and I really don't want to be rude by not allowing them to use my bathroom but it's just gross now. I had a family who would bring their school aged daughter to pick up their 2 yr old son and would ask me if she could use the bathroom but they lived up the street lol I said yes because I didn't want ot be rude

Euphoric !
    IMO you only have 2 choices...

1. Allow them to use it and continue to clean up after them as they seem to use it like a public washroom (which I find so disrespectful towards you...I'm fairly confident NONE of my parents would do this to me!)

2. Put a stop to it now. They are the ones being rude, not you! Of course, emergency washroom trips happen and I'd allow it those times but every day??? Absolutely not!

Euphoric !
    My bathroom been used maybe 3 times in all years I do this - and then it was pregnant Momma and she ask.

I would put stop to it.

Place notice saying that due to the high number of requests to use bathroom, the endless cleaning is too much and you will kindly deny all future request.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post: