Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Losing another child !!!!

Hello all I feel i just needed to get this all out and hopefully start to feel better. Looks like I am going to be be down another child, got notice today that in the new year they will be leaving. I am feeling like I am just losing kids and finding it so hard to find any new ones. I have been advertising for my over 2 spot for 6 months and not a bite and now I find out I will have 2 under 2 spots open for the beginning of Sept. I feel like I just cant win!!!

Euphoric !
    I just lost 2 kids 3 weeks ago. It was a total shock. Luckily I filled 1 quickly but my other spot sits open. Hardly any inquiries this time of year

Euphoric !
    Sorry to hear this! Losing kids is always stressful. At least they gave you lots of notice and hopefully you can fill the space before they leave??

I actually find Fall and the beginning of January to be the most popular start dates IME, hopefully the same will be true for you!

Over 2 is usually a harder spot to fill but when I have a spot open longer than I'm comfortable with, I look at what I can change. I adjust my ad, alter my hours if need be, change up my program and advertise everywhere!!! Good luck!

Euphoric !
    I never advertise my over 2 spots as for over 2 yr old only. Only because I have found no one pays attention to this anyways and because it has helped me find clients in the past e.g let the parent know that the spot is for an over 2 yr old but you can add their child to the wait list. I also mention that if they know anyone else looking for care to send them my way. I have had many referrals this way. In one case I couldn't take their child but the connection was made. Then, when their placement didn't work out I was the first person they contacted and I could take him at that time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    It is harder this time of the year sometimes but keep checking on your ad to see if there is anything you can change so it looks new and interesting
    Good luck and hang in there as I just filled a p/t spot yesterday that came out of the Blue so you never know

Euphoric !
    Dead here too. I have a place open since 5th Oct. Been advertising all Sept and nothing. Other providers also finding this. People looking for March onward but not immediate start.

Euphoric !
    I just found out my new daycare mom is pregnant. She said her daughter will be leaving in April when she goes on mat leave. Ugh.... I still have a spot open

Euphoric !
    I wish I could send you all my parents on my waiting list!!! Most needed Fall care!!

I have noticed there's more providers in my area and there's a handful looking to fill spaces right now. For the first time in a long time, it's a parents market!

Outgoing
    I feel the same way, 5LM. There's a few long term providers, that really shouldn't have any reason to have trouble finding kids, and it seems like the spots are sitting open longer than normal. Maybe there's finally enough daycares in town.

I should add, I'm in the same town at 5LM, in case that sounded like I was speaking in terms of Canada - wide, which isn't the case.
    Last edited by superfun; 10-15-2015 at 10:25 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I thought the same thing superfun about a few of the providers. While I'm happy that parents don't have to settle for just anyone anymore it does make me a bit nervous if I need to fill spaces anytime soon!! I'll have to step up my game to compete! I also need to make sure I have enough in my savings just in case.... Thankfully, unless something crazy happens, I shouldn't have openings until next Fall. Fingers crossed lol