Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control

Threaded View

Shy

Watch out for fraud !

To whom this may concern,

I received an email about childcare for a couple who would be coming to Canada from the UK for a Christian Missionary trip. They would be bringing their Son “Peter” with them and would be requiring childcare for him for the month of December.

I told them that I could do the service, and quoted them my service fee. They told me that they would have their Christian Sponsor send me my fee, plus their air ticketing fees. That I would cash the certified cheque and send them the difference via Western Union to their “Travel Agent”.

When I declined doing this, I have not received another email from them.

I would like to make you aware, that what they were wanting me to do was a fraud! They were going to send me a phony cheque, get me to cash it, and forward the difference of the money. Then the cheque would bounce and I would be out that money.

Just want people to be aware and be careful when dealing with odd requests like this one!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Stacey

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fun Litt'l Monkeyz For This Useful Post: