Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    If you are giving them one more week, I think you should protect yourself and put it in writing, pointing out the conditions and that they will forfeit the deposit if it does not work, if you are not re-funding.

I have had many AP kids under my care. I wish I could be more picky, but I would not have children to care for if were that choosy, my hours are the shortest, and most people here pick licensed care or nannies and when they run out of options they go to unlicensed daycare.

If you decide to keep her, my advice is to be firm with her and have the same expectations of her as the other children. Kids learnt to differentiate between environments and also learnt when and who to behave well with. I also would not pay any attention to her while she is eating, I would just serve her food and only look at her when she thinks no one is looking. Our job is to provide healthy food, theirs is to decide whether to eat it or not. It is impossible to force someone to eat, so you will loose there every time.

I currently have 2 kids (out of 3) that are AP at some degree. One of them is a 3yo dcg that has been with me since she was 1 yo. She is now awesome! I really going to miss her next year when she has to go to JK. She used to sleep with mom, she was held ALL THE TIME, and cried when mom left the room even in her house. She is the youngest of 3 older brothers and parents are of mature age, so she is the princess of the house, but she has learnt different here. She comes everyday happy and with good attitude.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Artsand crafts For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by ottawamommy View Post
    She mentioned some shhhing method where you lay the child down 60 times in an hour or something and sush them? No one has time for that.
    I would ask her who she think supervising other children when you sushing their child and if, when their child older and maybe not napping, would they be okay with their child not supervised while you co napping or sushing younger child. I bet they not be okay if their child unsupervise when you doing this for someone else.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzie_Homemaker For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !

She mentioned some shhhing method where you lay the child down 60 times in an hour or something and sush them? No one has time for that.
    ------------------------------

This is what should be done when the child is an older infant, long before they start daycare. It cannot be expected of the daycare provider. It is a gentle way to teach them to eventually sleep on their own. But, it needs to be done early and consistently at home.

Starting to feel at home...
    As I parent I would never ever sleep with my child I think it's dangerous and sure people say "oh that's why they recommend blah blah" but bottom like I can pretty much squish my kid so that a go go.
    Last edited by ottawamommy; 01-11-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Bee View Post

------------------------------

This is what should be done when the child is an older infant, long before they start daycare. It cannot be expected of the daycare provider. It is a gentle way to teach them to eventually sleep on their own. But, it needs to be done early and consistently at home.
    yup see not my job that would be something they should have been doing at 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie_Homemaker View Post
    I would ask her who she think supervising other children when you sushing their child and if, when their child older and maybe not napping, would they be okay with their child not supervised while you co napping or sushing younger child. I bet they not be okay if their child unsupervise when you doing this for someone else.
    your answers always make me laugh! in a good way lol so blunt

Euphoric !
    As I parent I would never ever sleep with my child I think it's dangerous and sure people say "oh that's why they recommend blah blah" but bottom like I can pretty much squish my kid so that a go go.

It's hard to discipline being preventative instead reactive when kids test boundaries all the time and ESPECIALLY when they know they can get away with it. You need to discipline lovingly but some think time outs are harsh and some this a good old spanking works the best. If AP is so amazing how is everyone parent butchering it and when you mention it to parents who don't they think its the craziest idea. The way I see it there is no need for a child to sleep with a parents cribs/playpens were invented for a reason.

Either way all I know is unless a napping routine is established no way no how anyone is coming here even if that means I have 1 kid.
    I think it has been butchered over time the same reason we have begun raising children to think they are the super best-est at everything they do even when (if not especially when) they SUCK at it lol. We've gone so far into this movement of children first that we are, in my strong opinion, setting them up to fail miserably when they are adults. No, you don't deserve a sticker when you get 1 out of 10 on your spelling test. No, you don't get to win every game you play to prevent you from crying and feeling bad about yourself. Yes we should celebrate children's strengths and make them feel good about themselves but they need to know they suck at other things and that if they don't try they won't ever improve. Children need to know that they upset, disappoint and hurt others other wise we are just raising about of uncaring narcissistic terrors that will someday rule our world (Lord help us).

I'm only 33 but I can't help but wonder how far society is going to stoop (and suck) before we start to swing back to a reasonable place! Where we raise children with expectations and boundaries.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Outgoing

I'm only 33 but I can't help but wonder how far society is going to stoop (and suck) before we start to swing back to a reasonable place! Where we raise children with expectations and boundaries.
    This is my thoughts exactly!

I think it has been butchered over time the same reason we have begun raising children to think they are the super best-est at everything they do even when (if not especially when) they SUCK at it lol. We've gone so far into this movement of children first that we are, in my strong opinion, setting them up to fail miserably when they are adults. No, you don't deserve a sticker when you get 1 out of 10 on your spelling test. No, you don't get to win every game you play to prevent you from crying and feeling bad about yourself. Yes we should celebrate children's strengths and make them feel good about themselves but they need to know they suck at other things and that if they don't try they won't ever improve. Children need to know that they upset, disappoint and hurt others other wise we are just raising about of uncaring narcissistic terrors that will someday rule our world (Lord help us).

Lol!! So true and what worries me that most is that's the generation that will be taking caring of me at the nursing home (in this order exactly)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ottawamommy For This Useful Post:

I'm 34 and i hear you. Daycare bear need to have a like button option.