Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help please

Shy

Help please

good MORNING LADIES I NEED SOME ADVICE AS I AM LOST...

So i have a child that's has been with me since she was 1 she is now 3! She is very bossy and always wants to have the last say of everything but it definetly doesn't slide here and she knows that.

for the past month she has been giving her father a hard time during the morning and is fighting and kicking about getting changed or not wanting to have breakfast just totally control battle..her father gives time-outs and adresses it that leads to consecutive time outs that leads to being veeeeery late for arrival...i am talking past an hour late and my programme has started...her behavior is progressing as so in daycare and is causing issues.

A new child started a month ago that is 2 and always says i don't want to play with "so and so" get away from me etc and never wants to include said child... definitely not ok going in time-outs here and getting talked to... what else can i do about this behaviour???!

parents ask me for suggestions as well?????

plus she is being an extremely picky eater as well things she used to eat isn't touched and immediately i hear "i don't like this"

please help with any advise because honestly this is my first problem child at daycare!!!

Starting to feel at home...
    I got into a habit of terminating after a 3 weeks interval. Lol As hard as this is I am experiencing some similar but different. Ultimately it's not your problem he can't control his daughter so there is no need to inconvenience you.

Let them know moving forward if they are not allowed to entre by x time you can decline entry to the daycare as your program has started and that you are not a drop in center they cant come and go as they please also it's too disturbing to the other children and it isn't fair to them either.

If you have set hours signed off in your contract and they are breeching let them know moving forward that can be grounds to terminate.

Lastly, give them a letter with a time frame (2-3 weeks is a good one) that if you don't see changes in the areas that bother you the most you will terminate.

Something I learned over the last 3 weeks is some people are very selfish, and don't care about us, our time other children just themselves and their kids and since this is GROUP care it's a no go.

Good Luck!!!!
    Last edited by ottawamommy; 10-16-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Assuming this child is in Ontario...good luck to Mom and Dad when she starts school next year. Up to an hour late every day just will not cut it in school! I agree with making your (opening) hours clear and sticking with them.
    Re: "extremely picky eater...immediately i hear "i don't like this" How I deal with that is extremely small portions (the rest, of course get all they will eat). As soon as I hear the "I don't like"...I pull the plate away. No other reaction. They sit until everyone else is done. At snack time they get the same portion as everyone else (I do not add more to accommodate for lack of lunch).
    Re: Not wanting to "play with new girl": This always a tough one. What I find works for me is to sit with new person and do an activity together (then the other children come to join). I also then use that as a teachable moment to say, "Did you feel sad that I was not playing with you?" "How do you think Sally feels when you won't play with her?" Also, really praise the other children that are making the effort to play with new girl
    Last edited by Dreamalittledream; 10-16-2015 at 10:11 AM.
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~