Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home...

Personal Life Is Just Sad

Thank you all for your help
    post is deleted!!
    Last edited by ottawamommy; 10-16-2015 at 08:30 PM.

" I am just so tired of being sad". Wow, some pretty powerful words. You given a little insight as to your relationship dynamics (perhaps some jealousy/trust issues...only allowed to change the girls seems really odd to me) but only you know your own personal limits as to what you will accept in terms of behavior toward you. I will say that I can't imagine living and working with my partner all the time. That alone would be draining. I wish I had the magic answer as to whether your relationship is abusive, whether to leave or stay...you will find what will work for you. Can you find someone to talk to; a hot line or support group perhaps?
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

I would seek some outside support and help. The conditions you are living in are not healthy. A partner should build you up, not tear you down. A partner should be a source of support,not control and fear. A partner offers forgiveness, not everlasting punishment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveries For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Discoveries View Post
    I would seek some outside support and help. The conditions you are living in are not healthy. A partner should build you up, not tear you down. A partner should be a source of support,not control and fear. A partner offers forgiveness, not everlasting punishment.
    Excellent words of advice

~Anonymous~

Shy
    The previous replies are way too tame. Are you in an abusive relationship - a resounding, screaming YES!!!!!!!
    She checks parental rating on movies before allowing you to watch, she doesn't LET you change the boys, she doesn't let you go to the beach, she abuses you verbally????? This is not "odd'! This is not a matter of "knowing your personal limits"! It is not your fault nor it due to your past - people like that seek out partners they can shame, control and abuse.
    If you were my daughter I'd back a moving truck up to your house and get you the hell out of there.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahnys For This Useful Post:

I will get the hell away from a person like that. You are worth much more, independently of your past. Don't let people to treat you poorly, be strong and don't let anybody bully and abuse you.

Starting to feel at home... FSD's Avatar
    I agree with ahnys! This is absolutely an abusive relationship! She is controlling and verbally abusing you. I still deal with the emotional scars I experienced from a past relationship ~ YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ahnys View Post
    The previous replies are way too tame. Are you in an abusive relationship - a resounding, screaming YES!!!!!!!
    She checks parental rating on movies before allowing you to watch, she doesn't LET you change the boys, she doesn't let you go to the beach, she abuses you verbally????? This is not "odd'! This is not a matter of "knowing your personal limits"! It is not your fault nor it due to your past - people like that seek out partners they can shame, control and abuse.
    If you were my daughter I'd back a moving truck up to your house and get you the hell out of there.
    You have stated your opinion and that is fine; it's what this forum is about! You've given some great advice; I'm sure the same advice that is on a lot of reader's minds. But to quote my post and put down what I have given as my opinion....NOT COOL.

~Anonymous~

Let's not fight everyone's opinion matters and helps a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamalittledream View Post
    You have stated your opinion and that is fine; it's what this forum is about! You've given some great advice; I'm sure the same advice that is on a lot of reader's minds. But to quote my post and put down what I have given as my opinion....NOT COOL.
    Stop while we are ahead. I think by not allowing to change the boys and only girl is to prevent her from seeing male parts due to partners getting upset from past job in the past and boyfriends upsetting her. I think this is logic of that person. It might come off to some people since it is same sex relationship it may not be as serious as heterosexual one but that not true