Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Shy

Monthly grocery budge for daycare only

Hello,

How much does everyone spend on groceries for the daycare only with 5 kids?
    Let's say in Ontario since they change province to province.

Thanks!

Euphoric !
    $100-150 a week. So $400-600 per month. I would say more accurately on average $400-500 per month though.

I don't buy a lot of processed foods though and everything is made from scratch.

Same 100/150$ a wk

Euphoric !
    Last year my total groceries for my home was almost $10,000. I claim half for daycare so used $5,000 so works out to be around $400 a month for daycare groceries

Starting to feel at home...
    me too between $400-$500 a month

Expansive...
    About $350 a month

Outgoing
    Over the last 10 years, I have kept track of the daily cost per child for all supplies. That is food and arts, cleaning, toys, books, etc. (All of these things go on the same line on your tax form, so I see no need in separating them out.) For the total supplies, each year, the average has been about $4/day/child.

Quote Originally Posted by mickyc View Post
    Last year my total groceries for my home was almost $10,000. I claim half for daycare so used $5,000 so works out to be around $400 a month for daycare groceries
    I wasn't aware that we are legally allowed to do this considering daycare kids don't have dinner and many don't get breakfast so how would this be equal to a family grocery bill not to mention the kids don't get food on the weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by crayolamom View Post
    I wasn't aware that we are legally allowed to do this considering daycare kids don't have dinner and many don't get breakfast so how would this be equal to a family grocery bill not to mention the kids don't get food on the weekends?
    My accountant does it that way too, 50% of my entire grocery bill. Also, my accountant claims my cable bill, Daycare kids don't watch tv in my house. That is why I don't mind paying to have my taxes done.

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBell View Post
    My accountant does it that way too, 50% of my entire grocery bill. Also, my accountant claims my cable bill, Daycare kids don't watch tv in my house. That is why I don't mind paying to have my taxes done.
    I took the child care tax course through the CCPRN and I believe of the 3 ways presented for claiming food was to use the portion of your house dedicated to daycare percentage. So here it was 33% of the house is solely for daycare therefore 33% of all house expenses and 33% of food costs were claimable. There fore if you are using 50% of your house for daycare then 50% of food costs could be claimable.

But, as usual don't take my word on that, our accountant took care of it for us!