Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Starting to feel at home...

Warning for anyone with Kijiji ads

Hi ladies,

I wanted to write this as a warning to anyone else who has their phone numbers listed on their kijiji ads. I have now received 3 calls from a Private number. All 3 times it was the same man with different scenarios. He asks a couple of dayhome related questions then moves the conversation to diapers. The first call was all about potty training his 2 year old son and about how/where he poops. He then started asking me if I make a "poopy stinky face" when I change diapers...followed by "I bet you don't, you don't mind changing poopy diapers, do you?"...he kept me on the phone for way too long asking about poop and how I deal with it. I had already told him that I had no room for a 2 year old. Finally I hung up. 2 days ago he called and said he was calling for his mother and that he had a 3 year old brother. Again the conversation went onto diapers and he kept saying the same things. I asked that his mother call me back if she had any questions, he kept saying, she's coming but she never did and he said the same things "I bet you don't make poopy stinky faces do you". My kids started fighting and he hung up. A private number just called again, same man, he began with "I am calling in regards to your dayhome". I then hung up.

I am super creeped out by this and I am certain that I'm not the only one who has gotten calls. The only place I have my number listed is on kijiji. Please hang up on this guy. He's a twisted pervert getting off on talking about little boys and poopy diapers. Stay safe!

Outgoing
    Oh my! I would never put my telephone on the kijiji ad....only email address!!!!!! I wouldn't think anybody else would either...that way you can answer any questions and if you don't want to go any further with the person...you simply don't reply anymore. SIMPLE
    Last edited by sandylynn; 10-22-2015 at 02:21 PM.

I've had it on for 3 years now, I prefer to talk over the phone when it comes to dayhome. This is the first creep I've ever dealt with.
    Last edited by Shannie; 10-22-2015 at 02:23 PM.

Outgoing
    Remove it...only use your email address...i get all kinds of people replying through email only...and have met great clients after we get intitial questions out of the way

I have removed it. I am not looking for advice and I certainly wasn't expecting to have someone make me feel like a fool for using my phone number on kijiji. This was simply a post to warn others not to speak to this pervert. He is a pervert...not my fault.

Don't worry about it. We all learn from our mistakes. A lot of caregivers put their number up because a lot like u prefer the over the phone instead of email. I am totally the opposite. I hate talking on the phone or in person....that's because I'm shy, although I've come along way. I prefer email so that's why I don't have my number up. Just keep ur number off for now u can also send it once u get an interested parent by email. And don't answer the private number calls for awhile. He'll stop bugging you eventually

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would check with your phone company if there is a way to trace the call or flag it. I believe there are codes you can punch in when you get such a code that allows the phone company to check that number. Ask. Next time he calls do this and see if someone will follow up on it.

I do recall reading a similar story on here quite a while back. A man calling numerous times to ask questions about diaper changes.

Unfortunately when we post our contact info it does allow the creeps and weirdos to contact us! All you can do is not give him what he wants...which is the chance to talk about diaper changes and hear your reaction. Keep hanging up.

I also had this weirdo call me a few months back. I posted about it on Daycare Bear as well. Super creeped out. Used the same tactic. Looking to place his 2 year old son in care and then started talking about diapers. He was also breathing heavy. I hung up. Sick SOB.

Outgoing
    Shannie, Please accept my apology...I certainly did not intend to make you feel like a fool...I have certainly made plenty of judgment errors during the years I have been in this business and appreciate all the advice these wonderful ladies have given me. Have a great day...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sandylynn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shannie View Post
    I have removed it. I am not looking for advice and I certainly wasn't expecting to have someone make me feel like a fool for using my phone number on kijiji. This was simply a post to warn others not to speak to this pervert. He is a pervert...not my fault.
    I also leave my number as I prefer direct contact and hate the back and forth of email exchange. I'll continue leaving my number as it is strictly my daycare business number.

This character also was calling 'Private Caller" and I never answer those. The one time I did I get this sick wackadoodle.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Other Mummy For This Useful Post: