Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
    Shy

Part time and Full time

I'm going to be starting my home daycare and I just want a little understanding of how full time children and part time children would work so I don't overlap. I just want to make sure that I'm understanding how other providers deal with it. I also have a 6 year old.

Euphoric !
    If you can avoid doing part-time care I would advise it. The issue with part time is eventually a child leaves care leaving you with a set couple days open (say Monday and Wednesday) now you need to find a replacement child but you are limited to finding a child only to come those 2 days since the other days are filled with other children. It get's harder to fill those spaces later on.

If you can hold off longer, I would suggest holding off for only full-time children so you only ever have full time spaces to fill. You lose less income long term this way.

Shy
    Thank you Lee-Bee

Euphoric !
    I always say my only regret is taking part time kids. It is very hard to fill that space when a child leaves as you have to fill it exactly with the same schedule as the child leaving.

The only way I'd accept part time now is if the families know that they will be required to pay full time if the other child leaves and I can't fill the space quickly. Even if both partimer's leave, it is usually still quicker to find a full time client

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by nadia527 View Post
    I'm going to be starting my home daycare and I just want a little understanding of how full time children and part time children would work so I don't overlap. I just want to make sure that I'm understanding how other providers deal with it. I also have a 6 year old.
    I not take PT children anymore. It loses too much money to wait for someone wanting the empty day. Lot parent want PT but finding someone who want different day to other PT children is hard.

When I did, I used enrol for set day and no switching day. Switching day useless for finding someone to make up FT place.

Expansive...
    I have all part-timers this year which is very strange and I just filled a Mon/Thurs spot which is very hard to fill but I still have one more part-time spot to fill -anyone want Mon and a Friday spot