I just opened my home daycare 6 months ago so I am very new to this business.

Being that there are MANY home daycare's in my area (4 including mine 10 mins away from each other all on the same street!) I thought my prices and policies had to be competitive.I can't work away from home due to family issues so I decided this would be a good option for me.

I got new clients in september, 2 siblings, I am charging $30 each per day full day, during interview the mother told me they would be needing care 4 days per week guaranteed only in special occasions which she would notify me ahead of time they wouldn't come all 4 days. The problem is I told her, if the kids don't come I wouldn't charge her any money. Now they started coming first week of september, they have only come to me 1 week all 4 days, the rest has only been 3 days and 2 days per week. I am really losing money and I do know its all my fault for telling her I wouldn't charge her, now I have a feeling she is taking advantage of that and getting grandma to have the kids and only when grandma can't have them she is bringing them to me.

We never signed a contract .

I am thinking of confronting her regarding this matter and asking her that now I will be charging her for the days she originally told me she would need me for, 4 days a week. Do you have any advice on how I should do this?

I am inexperienced and I do realize I got myself into this mess and need to get myself out somehow. I am prepared that the mother wont like this and may want to remove the kids from my care but I'd rather fill my spots with people who actually come to daycare and pay vs these guys who are occupying spots and not giving me revenue.

I have learned my lesson!