Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nap area?

Starting to feel at home...

Nap area?

My 2 yr old daughter naps in her own room in her crib. We have one spare room which I used for napping. Tomorrow I start a 12m old and her older sibling who is 3 mid-November. Baby in playpen and older child on a cot. The older child shares a room at home with his older brother who is 4 and here on PD Days. Am I insane to put a 1 yr old and toddler in the same room? lol. He still naps for the most part but mom naps them at 130pm and I will need to move it up to 1230/1 as I do bus pick up at 345pm. I should add its a mainfloor playroom - we converted our dining room. I am dreading trying to get them on one schedule especially since my own kid has been resisting naps lately! Wish me luck

Euphoric !
    I put my under 2's in one room and my over 2's in another. You not insane to put children in together - unless you have house with bedroom for each child, yourself, and you children, sooner or later, will have to.

In my nap room I have two 1 year olds, one 2 year old and a 3yr old. They all nap 12-3 solid . Give it a try. I'm sure it'll b fine.

I wish you luck! I'm sure it will be trial and error for you. For me it really depends on the child. In general, by 2 1/2 mine are ready to be all together on cots in the same room. That said, I currently have one that I cannot trust to stay on his cot or be quiet...and those (along with the littles) I isolate to their own individual rooms (in playpens). (Love love my video monitor with 4 camera option).
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Expansive...
    I give them all separate rooms before age 2. After that, they're all together on cots.

Euphoric !
    How did it go??

I have all 4 in one nap room right now. They are two 2.5's and two 4'sthough so it's pretty simple! In the past, I have had my youngest (or most disruptive) sleeper in the kitchen in their playpen though until I feel they are ready for the naproom. My goal is to always have them in the same room as quick as possible. I just like it better than multiple rooms. It's always worked well for me so I hope you the same luck!!

Starting to feel at home...

nap area

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    How did it go??

I have all 4 in one nap room right now. They are two 2.5's and two 4'sthough so it's pretty simple! In the past, I have had my youngest (or most disruptive) sleeper in the kitchen in their playpen though until I feel they are ready for the naproom. My goal is to always have them in the same room as quick as possible. I just like it better than multiple rooms. It's always worked well for me so I hope you the same luck!!
    5LM: thanks for asking! They have been away all week sick - go figure! They are here tomorrow, so I'll be sure to update!