Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cubbies

Hybrid View

Shy

Cubbies

Where in the Toronto area can I look for cubbies? A place for kids to hand coats, put boots. Above store gloves and things.

Also is there a supplier for getting bulk craft supplies, deals on cots and those types of things.

Thanks

Shy
    Hi,
    I get all my daycare needs at Avron for Kids. They have a website and you can do online purchases and they will deliver it to you.
    http://www.avronforkids.com
    This is the cheaper one compared to Scholar's Choice.

Euphoric !
    I buy everything second hand from kijiji. I used coat hooks hung on the wall and an 6 section closet cubby thing for shoes ($20 from Canadian tire) for the first year. I bought a cubby system from a daycare centre last yr for $50. It is in great condition, the centre just replaced them because they had some money from the government they needed to spend.

I think its easy to get carried away with our spaces and spend tons of money but there are tons of deals out there for free or cheap. You would not believe the toys I got for free when I started. Value Village is also awesome. You have to go pretty regularly though to find stuff.

Euphoric !
    I agree with TOkids. I buy gently used whenever I can! It's great for the budget and the environment There is usually always someone selling what I need.

For cases where I've bought new, it varies from Ikea, walmart, Target, Costco etc. I usually just google what I'm looking for and than find the cheapest place. Amazon, kid kraft, little tykes, toys r us, Sears etc.

I find buying from places like this are cheaper than the "daycare/school" specific sites and usually just as good quality. However, I have a small dc so I guess the wear and tear isn't like some who have larger numbers

Shy
    Btw has anyone seen cubbies at Walmart or anywhere like that?

Shy
    Thanks! I really appreciate it. I already have a list for IKEA and a parent from where I work at the moment is giving me a free crib and I already have built up some sale and gently used toys.

Cubbies for example I couldn't find (in Canada or cheaply)

Euphoric !
    I was tempted to get the cubbies but they were so expensive. I opted to get each child one of these triple hooks http://www.homedepot.ca/product/flar...-bronze/860256

They have room to hang their coat, snow pants and a bag (or what ever). Then I got a small bin storage shelf and each child had a bin to pull out for their hats and mitts etc.

It was quite effective at a fraction of the cost.

Starting to feel at home...

Expansive...
    also they could be build as my husband made my cubbies years ago and I still love them

Starting to feel at home...
    I ended up going with a 5 shelf bookcase on its side. I attached 3M command hooks from the dollar store. Put fake grass mats from the dollar store in the bottom of each section. Topped each section with a bin from the dollar store for hats, mitts, etc.