Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Starting to feel at home...
    I am not to sure I even called a lawyer and they don't know how much of this is valid I don't really know. This same family wanted a receipt from me and I told them my accountant does them in Feb and they knew this already and told me this I didn't give them a recipt they would call the ministry of consumer services!

I gave them a receipt and now they are doing this because APPERENTLY the clause in my contract "In the case that a child is not properly adjusting to daycare within a 3 week timeframe, the provider may terminate the contract and retain the full deposit" is not accordance with the consumer protection act and that they were advised that its unethical for a service provider to terminate their services and retain payments for services not rendered. This is why I am confused! When I called the Ministry of Consumer Services they said there is no rules for deposit or refunds but she worded it as PAYMENTS it wasn't a payment I am not giving back it is the deposit.

She already threatened me with the ministry of consumer services over a receipt because she needed it now?

Outgoing
    Unless one wants to go to small claims for a few bucks....really...wh at Does the contract really mean....in some cases....a HEADACHE...Personall y....I just move on...when I am done with (and I do mean DONE)....with families such as this....I don't want ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM OR SEE THEM AGAIN...LET ALONE DRAG THEM THROUGH SMALL CLAIMS FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED BUCKS...