What do you do interms of holidays? I had my second interview with a family where mom is a teacher. It went really well. She asked me what Is my approach for teacher families as she has 2 months holidays in July and in August. I told her if parents go away and I'm available I would expect to be paid and I have a business to run and a mortgage to pay.

My mentality is, if they go away they should still pay as I don't want to suffer while they are enjoying their holidays. Why would I be the one paying for this loss? Altho, I do understand that they don't want to paid for the childvare where they can look after their kids. But again I have a business to run and expenses to paid.

Now my question is do you have teacher families? How do you work out holidays?

I'm thinking of offering them 6 months contract only and then they can take their holidays but I can not guarantee a place for them when they are back.

Also is it difficult to find families who require 2 months care only during the summer? She said there are families who only need summer care and it shouldnt be difficlut to fill those 2 months. If that was the case I can do it but I don't want do count on that.

I would appreciate your inputs on this.
Thank you.
Cocoon