Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sugar overload!

Sugar overload!

All brought in by well meaning parents today: Cupcakes x 2, chocolate pumpkins on a stick (that child arrived at 7am eating his!), cookies and Timbits. Plus the treat baggies, of course.
    I bagged up most of it in individual baggies to send home...but even still these kids are wacko!
    I keep redirecting into group activities to regroup and calm everyone down...whew! Happy Friday everyone!
    Children are great imitators.
    So give them something great to imitate.

~Anonymous~

Outgoing
    I am fine with parents bringing treats for the daycare kids, just that I don't hand them out at daycare. I package everything up that comes in and send it all home. I have a "no food from home" policy and it is easier to just stick to it at Halloween, Christmas, Valentine's, and Easter. I figured that out after the one parent got upset with me because we'd had a treat brought by someone else.

Today we had pumpkin shaped orange pancakes with whipped cream faces for snack and purple and orange colored spaghetti for lunch. That, with the special activities and extra Halloween stories, was enough for the group today. Happy Halloween!

Expansive...
    I don't give the treats out either just share some after nap and put in a few treats to each child to bring home so parents can decide what to give their child at home

Euphoric !
    Treats are shared for afternoon snack and then they go home just as the sugar is hitting their system. Sort of like payback. But I also limit what is sent to and even freeze some for other treat days, scrape off half the icing, etc.

Euphoric !
    I love if parents send snack except they rarely do lol!! We always have the treat in the afternoon so ya they go home just in time for the sugar to kick in

Euphoric !
    This group brings in treats fairly regularly for often no reason so I was expecting an overload too so I did a fruit themed treat in the morning and just one chocolate one in afternoon....only one mom brought in though! Treat bags on Friday and cupcakes on the Wednesday. I had done a treat on Monday so ours was spread out all week. I sent home her treat bags and the ones I had made up. I normally give them the treats for afternoon snack or if it's lots, just send home!

I also take most of the icing off lol