Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Starting to feel at home...
    Mine not only lives same street but also a teacher I only take teachers kids. Having said that, in my opinion some s erious conflict would have to arise in order to not be able to be civil with them should care be terminated on either side - for me anyhow. I don't turn away clients for a reason like that, but to each their own.

Shy
    I'm dealing with this right now... my son's friend comes over after school as much as 3 times a week although for an hour at the most. He's sometimes picked up within minutes of arriving, by his older brother.

This is a new thing and I'm a bit taken aback that they haven't offered to pay me. In the past I did get paid by them to care for him full-time during the summer and it was all fine.

I don't know how to price this since the times vary so much. My son and him are 8 so they don't need much hands on care, but he asks for snack and sometimes even goes into my fridge to help himself
    Before I didn't mind the occasional rare day here and there, and never asked for a formal payment because I thought it was the neighbourly thing to do.

How much would you ask for? This is very awkward for me!

10$ every time he is there for up to an hr. Basically 10$/hr for after school case. If care is 30mins or under then 5$. Like when brother picks up within 5/10mins.

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    10$ every time he is there for up to an hr. Basically 10$/hr for after school case. If care is 30mins or under then 5$. Like when brother picks up within 5/10mins.
    Thanks babydom for the pricing suggestion.
    Sounds fair and reasonable. Just wish I wasn't put in that position to have to ask, but you gotta do what you gotta do...

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
    I'm dealing with this right now... my son's friend comes over after school as much as 3 times a week although for an hour at the most. He's sometimes picked up within minutes of arriving, by his older brother.

This is a new thing and I'm a bit taken aback that they haven't offered to pay me. In the past I did get paid by them to care for him full-time during the summer and it was all fine.

I don't know how to price this since the times vary so much. My son and him are 8 so they don't need much hands on care, but he asks for snack and sometimes even goes into my fridge to help himself
    Before I didn't mind the occasional rare day here and there, and never asked for a formal payment because I thought it was the neighbourly thing to do.

How much would you ask for? This is very awkward for me!
    Do the parents think it's just a friend going over to play or do they treat it as Childcare? It kinda sounds like a play date to me but maybe I'm misunderstanding!!

Shy
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 Little Monkeys View Post
    Do the parents think it's just a friend going over to play or do they treat it as Childcare? It kinda sounds like a play date to me but maybe I'm misunderstanding!!

That could very well be that they consider it as a playdate which would be acceptable if very occasional like before.
    But now he comes to our house because his older brother does extra curricular activities 2 or 3 times a week, and unable to pickup when the bus drops him off. He gets off at my son's stop so I pick them both up to come here. So to me it's now a childcare situation. What do you think?

Expansive...
    Quote Originally Posted by superfun View Post
    Haha, I just thought about my group. 4 of my kids are teacher's kids, and the fifth one is a lawyers kid.
    That is funny and I hope you are having SUPERFUN with them

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Van For This Useful Post:

That could very well be that they consider it as a playdate which would be acceptable if very occasional like before.
    But now he comes to our house because his older brother does extra curricular activities 2 or 3 times a week, and unable to pickup when the bus drops him off. He gets off at my son's stop so I pick them both up to come here. So to me it's now a childcare situation. What do you think?
    I'd say childcare. Not a play date....playdates with snacks 2/3 times a wk? No thank u!

Expansive...
    Talk to the parent and let them know that you have to start charging them by such a date if he continues to come to daycare as you have to watch your ratio of children and when he is here he is stopping you from having a paying client