Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Expansive...

Extra long pickups

I have a parent who finishes work, and is home about 2 hrs before I close. Mom and Dad choose to pickup exactly the minute I close. We are outside at that time, and most parents take 3-5 mins to hear about their child's day and then leave. This parent comes back in my house and undresses the tantruming child of all of their outdoor wear, so it can be left here for the next day. This process is taking 10-15minutes, and now it is 15 mins past my closing time. My family is getting tired of it, as we're eating at the table while the behaviour drags on. Do I confront her directly, and imply that late fees will be applied, as it's after closing time, or redo the contract?, or put it in the newsletter? My husband almost said something sarcastic to her the other day, as we tolerated the screaming while eating dinner.
    There is no reason she can't come 15 minutes prior to closing to accomplish everything.

Euphoric !
    I would be charging them a late fee and reminding them that your closing time is xxx and that means out the door by then, not start pick up routine at that time.

Or I'd undress him myself so he's ready to go! That's just ridiculous

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    I would definitely either be speaking to her about the situation. I would let her know that since this process is taking time out of your evening, either she takes outdoor gear home or she comes earlier, no exceptions. Explain that your day is long enough and you would like to enjoy your dinner with your family without worrying about a client still being there. Closing time is closing time, that means everyone is out by that time!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattsmom For This Useful Post:

Yes. I'd say something for sure.

My evenings are busy with my family. I look forward to when I close so I can spend time with my family and we eat dinner together right at my closing time. So from now on I will have to tell you to come 15 mins before I close to remove his gear so he is ready to go home when my doors close or if you pick up right at closing time then please take him home as is. Other wise my late fees will apply starting today. Thank you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I would talk her too.

Remind that you close, that family is eating and she either need come early to allow for this time wasting, or she need take child in what wearing and be organized to bring back in morning, or she need pay late fee. Ask her which one she prefer doing. I bet it be one of the first two solution.

Expansive...
    Did you end up talking to her? I'm hoping she agrees that it's getting ridiculous and is on board!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lou For This Useful Post:

Expansive...
    I would gently say that the late pick up and the changing of clothes is starting to cut into your own family time and ask if there's anything that they can do to either come earlier or whether they can just start taking the little one as is and bring the clothes back the next day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spixie33 For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    How's it going??

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Also wondering!! Lol!

Expansive...
    The last 2 days, they picked up earlier than usual, and I haven't talked to them about the issue yet. I'm sure it'll go back to "right at the last minute" pickup just in time for Friday afternoon LOL!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy ECE mommy For This Useful Post: