Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nap issue

Euphoric !
    Talk to Mom and get her detail the sleep routine. Amazing how many parent give child soother at home, bottle, sleep buddy, blankie, that they not bother bring daycare. Also little tiny detail might be key. Thing like cool room, warm room, very dark, or night light, all little thing child used to which might not be at daycare because parent not share that detail.

Shy
    Only problem with that: she doesn't sleep at home either��

Basically u have to try everything u can think off. Make sure it's not hunger, diaper, to dark, to light, cold hot. Noice machine, music, fan, blanket, bottle, soother, stuffed toy....etc. If all that fails then u make a choice. Let her cry it out and she WILL eventually settle and sleep but that can take a wk, four wks, four mths or sometimes longer. So decide if u want to keep going and one day it will just click with her to sleep or u terminate care. If u decide to go on make sure u can handle it. No one likes an impatience grumpy crabby caregiver . Good luck. I've had one that I waited out. 3 mths. Now he sleeps three hrs straight every day for the last two yrs. I started a new one back in nov and he's still going

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Starting to feel at home...
    Hello everyone. The family actually terminated Christmas week. They purchased a home and it was to far to continue care with me. Naps didn't change with him. I continued to have him cry it out, he would sleep an additional half hour just before nap period ended. I believe that eventually he would get use to it, but it is very hard to deal with and I was feeling pretty drained by than. Things turned out for the best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to suzydominguez For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I have had this problem over the years...I do find if I get a new fuss child....I put them in my back spare bedroom...the room with the heavy drapes (very dark during day).... helps a lot..more like night time to them....unfortunatel y the transition of letting them cry it out is hard...some parents are like "how do you get them to nap...they won't nap at home"...how do you tell them..."I don't run into the room every 5 min of their screaming ..."I check after 10-15 min....lay them back down and leave..go back in 15 min later...and do the same thing...eventually after about a week or 2...they are fine..... but you CAN'T GIVE INTO THEM.....good luck

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by sandylynn View Post
    I have had this problem over the years...I do find if I get a new fuss child....I put them in my back spare bedroom...the room with the heavy drapes (very dark during day).... helps a lot..more like night time to them....unfortunatel y the transition of letting them cry it out is hard...some parents are like "how do you get them to nap...they won't nap at home"...how do you tell them..."I don't run into the room every 5 min of their screaming ..."I check after 10-15 min....lay them back down and leave..go back in 15 min later...and do the same thing...eventually after about a week or 2...they are fine..... but you CAN'T GIVE INTO THEM.....good luck
    My crappy sleeper (at home) has been here 2 yrs. I remember long ago when the child was like 15months old mom asking me if the child keeps getting her legs stuck in the crib at the beginning of nap. My answer was no. She responded that it happens every time they try to get the child to nap in the crib at home (bed share). The child tried it here but I have a video monitor and watch the child stick a leg in the crib and scream. I didn't go in. The fun rescue game got old fast and the child didn't bother keeping at it. At home mom would go running to rescue the child and then would bedshare for nap because the child was so distraught with having been stuck in the crib. sigh.

Parenting takes a great deal of brains, strength and patience because as cute and innocent as they are....toddlers are seriously manipulative, major control freaks and sneaky!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post: