Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Filling Spots

Yes. Reguardless if they come all five or not.

Euphoric !
    I only raise rates when I start new families. In light of Bill 10 I may be considering raising my rates a bit more than I normally would. I know rates for older kids are also going up with many providers to compensate for now counting their own children.

It is one of the reasons I am not starting to interview for openings I have coming up next summer because I am taking a wait and see approach on the fees issues and will make my decision around February. I also need to wait to find out if those leaving for school are leaving in July or September as it depends on when their school based programs take in the new JK age kids as it varies from school to school. Registration for school takes place near the end of January so I can plan after that. With so many schools boards and options in Ottawa it isn't a simple factor where the children attend.

Outgoing
    torontokids, which part of Toronto are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Expansive...
    I don't do part time for under 2 years. Yes, I have raised my fees.

I charge the same regardless of age because each age group has different needs that still requires the same amount of attention. It's frustrating that the government doesn't compensate parents at the same rate (less for toddlers, even less for preschool), and as a result, a lot of the toddlers and preschoolers go to centers where the center can afford to do lower rates. You are also allowed a different number of children in each age group, so I think some people charge more for infant spots, since there are less infant spots available. You can have a group of 6 toddlers/preschoolers, but not a group of 6 infants.