Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Euphoric !
    I don't serve milk either. We have dairy foods during the day. Kids are getting enough at home.

I also don't ask for extra money if we go on an outing. It's my choice to go out so that additional cost is on me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mickyc For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I give milk both morning and afternoon snack. Water with lunch. Not big bottle or huge cup though. If they want more after drink milk, they given water. I not serve juice ever.

Ah ok. I do the same. We just started gymnastics. And I go on the day I have just two. It's 5$ each every time we go. I pay it. But ppl were saying u should ask the parents to pay that u shouldn't have to its their child doing the activity. But the way I see it is that they can go to a daycare that doesn't do outings and not have to pay extra if they can't afford it. It's my choice to go so I pay. Otherwise we just stay in or do somethiing free like playgroup or a park. So good to know I'm not the only one that feels this way!! (Sorry for going off the topic of milk ).

Euphoric !
    Yes it's their child doing the activity but it isn't their choice if they go or not IMO. Yes, they could not send the money I guess and their child would just watch but how fair is that?

It will vary from dc to dc and I don't think either way is wrong but I just do what I feel is right and best for my dc If I can't afford to go out one week than we don't, no big deal!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I typically only serve milk after lunch, water the rest of the day. And if we go out, the parent pays if they're able. One of my guide lines I have to follow is that I can't tell the parents they have to pay for an outing. I can ask them to "donate" to an outing, but if they don't I'm responsible for paying for that child.
    I asked all my families before our first outing, and they all told me to charge them. I think it helps that they're teachers, so they are used to parents paying for field trips.

Euphoric !
    I think it would depend how often you go too. I tend to go out a fair bit and would feel tacky (it isn't but that's how I'd feel) asking for extra money all the time. Lots of our outings are free or very minimal cost though

Maybe if I decreased my outings my savings would increase!!! Lol

Outgoing
    We only go out once or twice a month, and usually only one thing costs anything, so I don't feel bad charging them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to superfun For This Useful Post:

Shy
    I do. Normally snacks are water/juice. Lunch is milk. They only get 1/4 c of fluid at snack/lunch times. If they want more, they are given more. If they don't finish the milk, I give it at afternoon snack or when they ask for a drink. They are given water throughout the day by request or I offer a drink every hour.

No milk and no juice here. Juice is pop without the bubbles and milk is a product that is difficult to digest and is pasteurized. Filtered water only.
    I take my kiddies to restaurants a couple times a month and cover the cost myself. It is a write off and the kids love the outing and a break from my cooking

Milk is a meal replacement so I can never wrap my head around the mentality of giving it at a meal time??? It is not for hydration but for sustenance and nutrition which becomes unnecessary when table food is being consumed. Water at all meals and snack times and upon request...no milk and no juice ever.

I haven't taken my daycare kids out for lunch in a long time but I did take a group to Boston Pizza once. It was my choice to do so, I can't expect a parent to pay for the meal when it wasn't a necessity and was my choice when the original meal option was available.
    Last edited by bright sparks; 07-28-2016 at 10:27 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bright sparks For This Useful Post: