Daycare and childcare providers in Winnipeg, Toronto, Vancouver, Ontario etc. in CanadaGarderies à Montréal ou au QuébecFind daycare or childcare providers in the USA
Forum control
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Outgoing

Milk at Lunch only?

Hi - if your dcks hardly touch their milk at lunch, do u offer at afternoon snack time? Tx!

I don't. I only offer it at lunch. If they ask for it at snack then I give it. But otherwise water or diluted juice for snacks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babydom For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I only give milk after lunch when we read stories. Kids are drinking far too much milk these days! Most kids will drink milk with supper at home or before bed. Some have it before DC too. I do give a lot of calcium filled foods though so they are definitely getting their requirements. American Pediatric Society recommends only 16-20 oz a day.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torontokids For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I don't offer milk to drink any more. We have it in cereal and various recipes. I do yogurt (plain with frozen berries) daily and cheese and other sources of calcium plus lots of sunshine. As far as I am concerned milk just fills their belly preventing them from having to try more nutritious foods.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee-Bee For This Useful Post:

Euphoric !
    I switched to mainly water quite awhile ago and they never ask for it. (Milk I mean lol) The odd time I'll give them choc milk for a treat or if we eat at a restaurant. We eat a lot of dairy so I felt it wasn't needed and I was dumping a lot of milk out at end of day

As to your question....I fill up their cups every morning and only refill as needed so if they had milk leftover at lunch, yes they'd get it at next snack
    Last edited by 5 Little Monkeys; 11-09-2015 at 05:57 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 Little Monkeys For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    I serve milk at lunch only, water for snacks. Also they get their drinks after they are done their meal/snack.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jodaycare For This Useful Post:

Outgoing
    wow 5LM - taking the kiddies to a restaurant! nice...i'm not brave enough for that....

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by ebhappydc View Post
    wow 5LM - taking the kiddies to a restaurant! nice...i'm not brave enough for that....
    Well to be fair, I only take 2-3 to a "nice" restaurant and if I take all 4 to the summer restaurant down the street, my husband comes too (he has to get his burger and shake lol). I must say, my kids are all really good at restaurants! Two of the places we go are buffet though so that helps....can get them fed ASAP! Haha

5LM.....do u pay for the kids to eat out? Or the parents give u $$ when u tell them ur going out for lunch today?

Euphoric !
    Quote Originally Posted by babydom View Post
    5LM.....do u pay for the kids to eat out? Or the parents give u $$ when u tell them ur going out for lunch today?
    I never ask for extra money for any of the field trips we do. I feel that it should come out of the daily fee they already pay, especially if it's just lunch, I'd have to feed them anyways if we stayed home. We've gone to places where we need to pay to get in or play arcade games (usually just over $20) or to do pottery ($20-$30) but I pay all of that as I don't find it too much and I'm able to claim it anyways as business expenses